What is Gingerbread and Ice Cream Sandwich

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I hear all this talk about gingerbread and Ice Cream Sandwich. What I want to know is what are they? Are they updates? I have the droid incredible 2 and always check for updates. Do they all have a name? I am always checking to see if there are any updates on it. How often do we get them? Do we all get them the same time? I am just so confused on it all. All i know is i have a new phone coming since mine have been having problems charging so am i gonna have the newest update? or start over? Please someone tell me. And what are gingerbread and ice cream sandwich gonna do. Which one is for the incredible 2

Eighty_3#AC

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
The current OS for Dinc2 is 2.3.4 Gingerbread. Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) is Android 4.0 and will probably not make it to the Dinc2.

Eclair, Froyo, Gingerbread, Honeycomb, and Ice Cream Sandwich are all code names for operating systems. I'm sure someone who knows a little more will come along and elaborate on what I have said.

Reactions: Lissychrissy09
Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
ok so they are just basically updates. I have 2.3.4 on mine so i have the gingerbread already. Now how come they dont say the code name on the actaully phone. Now i have the gingerbread 2.3.4 the next update would it be called the same name? and how will i know the name of it ?

valorian

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Any update that is 2.3.x is Gingerbread. From there you just have to watch the forums. From here all your updates will be different versions of Gingerbread unless we get ICS.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Lissychrissy09

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRG582