What is PWM display flicker and how to deal with it

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
It appears that I do not suffer from this issue for which I am grateful. However, I do keep my 7 Pro at 60 HZ refresh rate at all times. The difference between 60 and 120 is negligible at best! I have always said that LCD screens are just fine for a phone. New is NOT always better as can be seen with cell phones from when they first came out until now.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
It appears that I do not suffer from this issue for which I am grateful. However, I do keep my 7 Pro at 60 HZ refresh rate at all times. The difference between 60 and 120 is negligible at best! I have always said that LCD screens are just fine for a phone. New is NOT always better as can be seen with cell phones from when they first came out until now.
PWM has nothing to do with refresh rate.

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
PWM has nothing to do with refresh rate.
Well, according to the article it just might! Think about it, the refresh rate is the amount of times the screen redraws itself...is that not the same/similar to turning off and on the actual individual pixels? At any rate my primary point was that OLED screens are not the greatest thing since sliced bread! LCD's have been around longer and for most cell phone purposes may actually be better! For sure they are better for all those who are having real issues with OLED! YMMV

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rezaking886