What is the point of root and is it worth it or not

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I have had members stand their ground firm for months and months about staying stock and no need to root. Once they did and they discovered custom ROMs and what they did and allow you to do with your device as far as customizing, better battery life due to custom kernels to control processor speeds and power management and much more they have been hooked and can't believe they didn't try sooner.

Who you talkin about willis? :)

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
1 thing I noticed about rooting, you have the power to change what you don't like. All you can do with a stock phone, is change wallpaper and choose what apps you want to use. When your phone is stock, if something is not working on your phone, you have to wait and rely on an update to fix it. With a rooted device, you often have other options to fix it.

Reactions: Brianbgrp

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Re: Rooting Question

1 thing I noticed about rooting, you have the power to change what you don't like. All you can do with a stock phone, is change wallpaper and choose what apps you want to use. When your phone is stock, if something is not working on your phone, you have to wait and rely on an update to fix it. With a rooted device, you often have other options to fix it.

Honestly, this is just about the most straight forward manner in which rooting has been explained that I have seen to date. Nicely put.

Reactions: Skunkape60

N9tShadow

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
LOL... You have seen the light and I think your a much happier person with your device these days ;)

I am super glad I rooted my phone and I'm happy with cm7 (so far) thinking about buying ROMmanager Pro to see if any more ROMs show up...

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I am super glad I rooted my phone and I'm happy with cm7 (so far) thinking about buying ROMmanager Pro to see if any more ROMs show up...

Personally i dont think its worthless. I think the only thing it gives you are access to nightlies. Not sure what else.

N9tShadow

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site

Personally i dont think its worthless. I think the only thing it gives you are access to nightlies. Not sure what else.

I like I can add more options to the lockscreen like right now I have that I can open my sms right away, or my camera I dont have to go looking for it... I havent messed with any other ROMs, the only other ROM I've tried is MIUI and I didn't like it cuz it makes it look like an iPhone, I could just get the iPhone if I wanted an iPhone layout type...

The only reason I rooted my phone is for the tethering, since my internet is still down I use my phone to go on the net. I've used ove 1gb of 3g data in two days. now that I found a decent place in my house were I get a constant 1/2 bars of 4g my 4g data usage is going to up.

N9tShadow

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site

Be careful. Thats how you get a virus.

I trust the people I get my apps from.

I am happy to annouce that with one bar of 4g, I can connect to the psn and to a match of mw3 with three bars of signal, with minimal lag, there is lag but its not to bad its managable.... using "wireless tether for root users" and "bridging" the connection from laptop to ps3.... I am happy with this, only way it would make it better is if I had full 4g signal (3 bars)

Edit 1: does the app "adfree Android" remove/block audio and video ads, for example pandora/slacker radio I dont like the video and audio ads lol....
also what is the best way to check if an app has a virus, is there a on-web site where I can run the apk thru and see if it has a virus, or an app thats on the market thats the best???

Last edited:

androidcues

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
there are no viruses in Android. never have been..never will be. there's malware but that's it. fact.

just download lookout and have it do its thing.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

iBowToAndroid

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site

Is there a way to check what version if any I have?

What about the RPKD8 one?

1. Baseband is the same as your radio. Settings->About Phone

2. 8 was the original radio released before they fixed the signal issue - you don't want that one

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bakky