What is the "Smart Alarm" feature?

shobuddy

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Interesting, thanks for the reply, Anderain. I think Google pretty much knows EVERYTHING about me now. I might give it a try but don't see myself using it regularly because it has to be kept on the bed with you to work. I try to keep the phone as far from me as possible at night (on the far corner of the end table).

akbled

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Hmm I actually have been using my phone as my alarm recently, and I do keep it on my bed. I think I'll try this out and see how it works for me. I'm a pretty heavy sleeper so I'm skeptical.

Anderain

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Hmm I actually have been using my phone as my alarm recently, and I do keep it on my bed. I think I'll try this out and see how it works for me. I'm a pretty heavy sleeper so I'm skeptical.

Actually, I think the idea behind this works better if you are a heavy sleeper. Because when the music plays or whatever else as the "pre-alarm" it won't wake you up. The pre-alarm stuff always woke me up because I am not that heavy of a sleeper.

winnersmw

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
Here is a description of it: Smart Alarm Clock for Android

I personally don't like it... The concept is cool, but overall get a better sleep using just a regular alarm. Sometimes the "early" alarm would wake me up.

Actually, that's a separate 3rd party app. What OP is referring to is the "Smart Alarm" option in the TouchWiz alarm clock that came preinstalled. All the Smart Alarm feature does is play a calm, less obtrusive noise for a predetermined time before your actual annoying alarm sounds. It's a great feature :)

Yeah, that 3rd party app does look creepy xD.

Last edited:

shobuddy

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Actually, that's a seperate 3rd party app. What OP is referring to is the "Smart Alarm" option in the TouchWiz alarm clock that came preinstalled. All the Smart Alarm feature does is play a calm, less obtrusive noise for a predetermined time before your actual annoying alarm sounds. It's a great feature :)

Ohhhhhhh, nice! Definitely a good feature since I'm a light sleeper and don't need it yelling at me right away. Thanks!

rorkin

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Would appreciate it more if they paid a little more attention to getting mainstream issues working like voice dial with bluetooth.. Sheesh

Lostinlodos

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Absolutely love it. When I don't sleep through it. I'm a "rough" sleeper. Up down, thrashing never quite sleep. When it wakes me, it's amazing. I FEEL better
but if it hits at the wrong time or stage; it only makes me more, i guess adapted to the noise and then I sleep through the soft newage music smart alarm AND the pounding deathmetal alarm.
Oh well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali