What Kind of Earbuds/Earphones Work Well With the Note 10+ ?

CemicSuns

Oct 17, 2019
Visit site
Hey, folks. I have another inquiry.
Now we all know that the Note 10+ doesn't have a direct headphone jack for 3.5mm earbuds/earphones. This isn't a deal-breaker for me. Samsung suggests we should purchase wireless Bluetooth earbuds to use with the Note 10+, but a lot of those cost a hefty penny (like over $100)...

Now I know there's the usual USB-C to 3.5mm adapter I could purchase to use 3.5mm earbuds through the adapter, and the Note 10+ is a USB-C device.

But for those who have used earbuds, either through the adapter or through Bluetooth, which specific earbuds would you recommend I should invest in for the Note 10+ ?

CemicSuns

Oct 17, 2019
Visit site
(If this might have been accidentally double posted, may I please ask the mods to correct this? I tried posting before, but it gave an error...)

Hey, folks. I have another inquiry.
Now we all know that the Note 10+ doesn't have a direct headphone jack for 3.5mm earbuds/earphones. This isn't a deal-breaker for me. Samsung suggests we should purchase wireless Bluetooth earbuds to use with the Note 10+, but a lot of those cost a hefty penny (like over $100)...

Now I know there's the usual USB-C to 3.5mm adapter I could purchase to use 3.5mm earbuds through the adapter, and the Note 10+ is a USB-C device.

But for those who have used earbuds, either through the adapter or through Bluetooth, which specific earbuds would you recommend I should invest in for the Note 10+ ?

Adapter-wise, I was looking at this on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07V2B4R1V/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?smid=ATO0AHN5W9EKG&psc=1

isired

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I've been using the Gear IconX that I got with my Note 8 purchase credit 2 years ago. Got the Galaxy Buds too with my pre-order credit because I liked the wireless charging and smaller case size, but they're average at best, don't sound great and missing a bunch of features that the IconX have.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I mostly use my Hi-Res HTC USB-C in-ears with active noise cancellation. I use the included AKG in-ears as well sometimes. Just depends what I have closer. I also have a an adapter to use 3.5 mm headphones, but I keep it in my car so haven't used it with headphones yet.

It's been several years since I used bluetooth (over 10). I've got my eye on a few different pairs though. I plan on buying some during Black Friday deals.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Oh, and I saw the adapter you posted in the other thread. I'd be careful with those adapters. Samsung has an alert in the Samsung Members app about those that do double duty as a 3.5 adapter and charger overheating.

bbgpsuser

Jul 26, 2015
Visit site
The Note 10+ comes with a set of USB C headphones that work well.

For Bluetooth, the Samsung Earbuds work well. So do ones from Anker and Jaybird.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I have Jabra elite 65t which are good but doesn't fit my right ear canal so put them up for sale and have pre-order in for the Jabra 75t instead.
My favourites at the moment is my Tozo T-10-R with comply foam tips.
Haven't tried the Samsung Buds as I refuse to pay 130 quid for them when the rest of the world got them for free with their phones (I'm a real rebel LOL)

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
The included USB earbuds are ok if you don't mind wired sound. For BT, I like the Samsung Buds. At least in the US, I think most people can get the Samsung Buds for free with the phone, using part of the $150 Samsung credit deal.

galaxyfive

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site

Someone here suggested Samsung's own earbuds. I agree. They even work well with IOS. If you are in NA and a Costco is in your area they can be had for 100.00 +/-

yarnsrj

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I actually bought a pair of wireless Earbuds called EARFUN FREE based on a recommendation on another forum. Selling on Amazon between $40-$50 and they sound decent and have fairly decent call volume for both myself and the listener. I may pick up the Samsung Buds maybe on a Black Friday sale as I'm pissed that I missed my chance to get them free with a special Samsung promo by 1 day back in August. But for when I want to use wireless Earbuds, my EARFUN FREE will do just nicely.
Check out the reviews
Wireless Earbuds, EarFun Free Bluetooth 5.0 Earbuds with Wireless Charging Case, IPX7 Waterproof in-Ear Earphones with USB C Port, Deep Bass Wireless Headphones for 30H Playtime, Built-in Mic https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07R5MKX3...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6678081

isired

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
All I can say regarding the Galaxy Buds, either try them first if possible or if you buy them make sure that you can return. You can get better sound from others in that $100 price range (Anker and others) and much better sound and features in the $100-$200 range, including the 2018 Gear IconX, Anker Liberty line, etc., etc.

Not knocking those who like the Buds, but if you're coming from a better wired or wireless sound, or if you're a little picky about sound (I know many are not, and that's fine), you may be disappointed in the sound. And if you want to be able to touch control volume and ambient sound, same - Buds are either/or - you can start/stop/skip with taps, and the only other touch control is a long press, which you can program to control one feature. The others you would have to access by taking your phone out.

Knightmayre90

Jan 18, 2018
Visit site
I use the Lypertek Tevis. Brilliant wireless earbuds. Cost £100 in the UK. Great connection, work for 10 hours straight, case charges them a further 70 hours. No lag whatsoever on videos which is refreshing for wireless buds. Full control on each side, volume up and down, skip track forward and back and assistant if your choice.

isired

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I've been using the Galaxy Buds and B&O E8 2.0
How are the B&O? They're popular, but they're reviews on Amazon and others are not good, but most say the sound is great and complain about bluetooth reliability and, of course, the price.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
accessibilitys87