What music service are you using?

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
My forum search came up with dead links to old discussions from 2022. I have been a casual user of Amazon music, and most recently Youtube music. I am really not interested in paying a monthly fee, I just want to organize my library, purchase material and set up and use playlists. YT user interface sucks, Amazon as well. Both punish the user if they arent paying the monthly. Used to be awesome linking Amazon to Itunes. Really looking for help!

dangerousfen

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
My forum search came up with dead links to old discussions from 2022. I have been a casual user of Amazon music, and most recently Youtube music. I am really not interested in paying a monthly fee, I just want to organize my library, purchase material and set up and use playlists. YT user interface sucks, Amazon as well. Both punish the user if they arent paying the monthly. Used to be awesome linking Amazon to Itunes. Really looking for help!
Sorry, but you don't get much for nothing these days.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Since you don't want to pay for a streaming service, you may want to set up your own using a NAS (network-attached storage) system. This of course requires you to purchase a hard drive that can be used for NAS. https://kb.synology.com/en-us/DSM/tutorial/Quick_Start_External_Access#:~:text=External access is the ability,name into your web browser.

You can also try a 3rd party cloud media player app like CloudPlayer that can play music stored in your Google Drive. But if you have a ton of music, you'll end up paying more for extra Drive space.

Reactions: Laura Knotek