What phone are you leaving for the Nexus 6?

MadManMoon

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I'll be selling my Droid MAXX Developer Edition for the Nexus 6, once I confirm the unlocked Americas variant (XT1103) will work on Verizon.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
That does help, there's always been a part of me that has missed android ever since I've had the iPhone. The nexus 6 just put that to a whole new level, to the point where I want to sell my 5 month old iPhone 5s and move back to a nice big android screen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems like there are a lot of us that have left Android and returned back. I really think Android is taking the lead on the mobile market now. To a certain extent, I did not think that I would stay with Android after being stung with the S3. I loved the S3, just hated the battery life. It got to the point where notifications had to all be switched off to make it through 8 hours.

For me, the Edge was a lower risk and I know that some will disagree and that is fine. Also, the Note 3 was the first phone that I actually considered keeping past the 12 month mark. I find myself using my tablet much less now, that I have the larger screen in my Note 3. Btw, I had an Ipad 2 and gave that to my dad and bought a Galaxy Tab S. That tablet display is incredible. I probably would have stayed with the Samsung product line if it hadn't been a desire to shop around and try other devices. If the Nexus doesn't work out for me, I can always go back to the Note line with the Note 4.

Another cool thing too, is the wearable market. I am a watch kind of person before the Note 3. I got the Galaxy Gear on a promo with the Note 3 when I bought it. Never wore another watch after that. Do not think I will ever go back to watch. As a matter of fact, I just ordered my Moto 360 today.

Brad Semenick

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Seems like there are a lot of us that have left Android and returned back. I really think Android is taking the lead on the mobile market now. To a certain extent, I did not think that I would stay with Android after being stung with the S3. I loved the S3, just hated the battery life. It got to the point where notifications had to all be switched off to make it through 8 hours.

For me, the Edge was a lower risk and I know that some will disagree and that is fine. Also, the Note 3 was the first phone that I actually considered keeping past the 12 month mark. I find myself using my tablet much less now, that I have the larger screen in my Note 3. Btw, I had an Ipad 2 and gave that to my dad and bought a Galaxy Tab S. That tablet display is incredible. I probably would have stayed with the Samsung product line if it hadn't been a desire to shop around and try other devices. If the Nexus doesn't work out for me, I can always go back to the Note line with the Note 4.

Another cool thing too, is the wearable market. I am a watch kind of person before the Note 3. I got the Galaxy Gear on a promo with the Note 3 when I bought it. Never wore another watch after that. Do not think I will ever go back to watch. As a matter of fact, I just ordered my Moto 360 today.

I'm inclined to preorder the nexus 6 on the 29th, then when it arrives advertise my iPhone and iPad hoping I can make back the money spent. Does this sound crazy or reasonable?

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm inclined to preorder the nexus 6 on the 29th, then when it arrives advertise my iPhone and iPad hoping I can make back the money spent. Does this sound crazy or reasonable?

Which carrier do you have?

From what I have heard, the Nexus 6 will go on preorder Friday and be available in stores on November 3.

How much you can get for the Ipad will determine what Apple announces tomorrow.

For me, I sold the IPhone 5 after having both around for a month to make sure I wanted to keep the phone. It might pay for you to go on a contract like Verizon Edge as that would give you a monthly payment and possibly a discount on your line.

Brad Semenick

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Which carrier do you have?

From what I have heard, the Nexus 6 will go on preorder Friday and be available in stores on November 3.

How much you can get for the Ipad will determine what Apple announces tomorrow.

For me, I sold the IPhone 5 after having both around for a month to make sure I wanted to keep the phone. It might pay for you to go on a contract like Verizon Edge as that would give you a monthly payment and possibly a discount on your line.

I'm in Canada, with Bell. I understand that theres a high chance of new iPads being announced tomorrow which could affect the resale, the two events couldn't have been any closer unfortunately.

SuperTongue

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Just jumped to the G3, but will probably just pay off half for this instead. I love the G3 but a Nexus device is where I always want to be! Now with the Wi-Fi calling in 2015, I'll be set. Plus I just ported to Google Voice, so I have that feature with both of my numbers then!

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm in Canada, with Bell. I understand that theres a high chance of new iPads being announced tomorrow which could affect the resale, the two events couldn't have been any closer unfortunately.

I would say to sell it sooner than later. If you go on Ebay, they will give you an estimate of what it might sell for. I would do a search on ebay sell my phone and see what happens from there. It is probably doable. Have you also looked at the One plus One? That one is a new company and has been getting some great reviews and the unlocked version of that is much less than the Nexus 6.

Brad Semenick

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
I would say to sell it sooner than later. If you go on Ebay, they will give you an estimate of what it might sell for. I would do a search on ebay sell my phone and see what happens from there. It is probably doable. Have you also looked at the One plus One? That one is a new company and has been getting some great reviews and the unlocked version of that is much less than the Nexus 6.

I've looked at it and from what I see its great, but nearly impossible to get due to the dumb invite systems

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I've looked at it and from what I see its great, but nearly impossible to get due to the dumb invite systems

Yeah that is a good point and a huge drawback. I would say to get the Nexus 6 and sell your other devices to recoup the cost. You might come out ahead.

mule0331

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Leaving the Note 3. Although I'm still not convinced between the new Nexus or the Droid Turbo. Also I'm still wondering if Moto has the Moto S stuffed away somewhere. I know it's probably the Nexus, but with my luck the Moto S will be real and drop on VZW with a bigger battery and the Moto software suite right after I buy the Nexus.

Posted via Android Central App

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Interesting. Why have both the Note 4 and Nexus 6? One a personal phone, the other a work phone?
Naa both personal. I just love the note 4 alot but I love the nexus line lol. Sold my 5 because I found battery life to be poor and wanted wifi calling with t-mobile but now with Android 5.0 tweaks, a 3000 some odd battery and a signal Booster I am in love with the nexus 6 as well. Guess I'll buy the nexus 6 with the intention to keep it a long time as a backup phone and switch between. I just jumped to the note 4 so I could always return it and hold onto my note 3 for a few m9re weeks

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

sdijoseph

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Wow it's time for an upgrade. I upgraded from that 2 years ago. Don't know how you guys are still using it. Kudos..

Lol I know right. I was just waiting desperately for another nexus on verizon (I can't use another carrier). I just hope verizon doesn't take 2 months to release the thing like they did last time.

bcbbanga4l

Q&A Team
Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I currently have the lgg2 and was going to upgrade to g3 or don't exit rid z3 but nexus looks so good but that six inch screen not sure I can handle that

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnnetteConnor