What to do with my Pixel 2 xl

paradroid

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
I just upgraded my Pixel 2 XL to Pixel 6 Pro.

The Pixel 2 served me very well and I would have kept another year if it still was getting updates.

Anyway, I checked ebay and I would be lucky to get $80 for it. Not worth the hassle and I don't want to chuck it in my phone pile.

Any ideas on what I could do with it? Maybe repurpose it as a Google home controller and Nvidia Shield remote? Battery works about as well as day one but still, not sure if battery is fit to use as a controler.

I would take everything off except core apps, and only have wifi and bluetooth on to get 3 - 5 days on battery charges.

Thoughts?

Rick Dangerous

Jun 18, 2021
Visit site
$80 is a tank of gas. I always throw old phones on ebay; that way they get another life somewhere and why not put the money in your pocket? The best kind of recycling in my book.

Crispy

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I dont know if anyone will see this reply. I too have an old Pixel 2XL that I might upgrade from.

I will be keeping my old phone and use it to upload to Google Photos as it still has unlimited backup. That is easily worth the $70-80 I can get for it.

Also its still a perfectly fine phone to use for video calls etc.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I dont know if anyone will see this reply. I too have an old Pixel 2XL that I might upgrade from.

I will be keeping my old phone and use it to upload to Google Photos as it still has unlimited backup. That is easily worth the $70-80 I can get for it.

Also its still a perfectly fine phone to use for video calls etc.
I see your reply:)

Reactions: Crispy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itay85