What was the best deal Google gave for going from Pixel 2 to Pixel 3?

jabaa

Oct 25, 2018
Visit site
When the Pixel 3 came out, what was the best deal Google gave for trading in a Pixel 2?

Just wondering what kind of trade-in deals we could see when the Pixel 4 comes out in a few months.

anthonium

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I guess no one got a good trade-in deal going from the P2 to the P3... :p

I'm not sure anybody would recall but if I remember correctly I saw better trade in values for other device trade in like Samsung and iPhone than the actual previous generation of Pixel phones.

Then there was the insane trade in values that were going on for a while for the Pixel3A. An iPhone SE got you $250 trade in value. A lot of people bought it dirt cheap and then traded it in to take advantage.

Phone prices drop so quickly nowadays that I don't even bother getting a phone when it's first released. I usually wait 6 months later but I'm the type to wait 2 or 3 generations until I upgrade.

vansmack

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I was given $325 for my 64GB Pixel 2XL upon ordering the 64GB Pixel 3XL on day one.

For perspective, I was given $350 for my OG Pixel (32GB Verizon, not XL) when ordering my 64GB Pixel 2XL on day one.

Yeah, that stung a bit, especially after the prices of the 3XL tumbled so quickly. Will probably do something different this time, assuming I learn patience in the next 75 days.

HyperM3

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Going from the 2XL to the 3XL, I was credited $325.
Going from the 1XL to the 2XL, I was credited $400.

I was kind of pissed about the lower value on the later model and I could have probably gotten much more on Swappa. Then with the discounts they put on the 3XL less than a month after it got released, that put a nail in the coffin for me ordering any phone on day one.

Ive had every Google phone since the Nexus1, and still have all my Nexus phones in mint condition in the boxes. But because of the previous Pixel scenarios, Ill be hesitant to jump on the 4XL right away.

cindylike24

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Going from the 2XL to the 3XL, I was credited $325.
Going from the 1XL to the 2XL, I was credited $400.

I was kind of pissed about the lower value on the later model and I could have probably gotten much more on Swappa. Then with the discounts they put on the 3XL less than a month after it got released, that put a nail in the coffin for me ordering any phone on day one.

Ive had every Google phone since the Nexus1, and still have all my Nexus phones in mint condition in the boxes. But because of the previous Pixel scenarios, Ill be hesitant to jump on the 4XL right away.

The only time that I bought a smartphone on the day it was released was when I got my very first smartphone on February 1, 2007 when I bought a Motorola Q. While it was a very nice phone, I just have taken to the practice of reading the reviews on the phone I was thinking about getting before making the jump to upgrade my phone. I want to make sure that it would actually be an upgrade for me and what I need the phone for. I'll probably wait a while to see if it would be worth it for me to upgrade to the Pixel 4.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CsPerry