What's a good front screen flashlight app, without ads? It doesn't have to be free.

Dark Penguin

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
A few weeks ago, I asked about an omnibus toolkit app that I have on my old daily driver phone, but I can't install it on my new phone because it no longer exists in the Play store. While many of the functions are easily accessible elsewhere, the one that I used most apparently isn't. This app, a front facing flashlight, simply turns the screen white and cranks up the brightness as far as it goes, The overall effect is that it turns a phone into a miniature lighting panel that, for most situations, is more useful and comfortable than the harsh LED light in the back.

Does anyone know of a good front flashlight app without ads, either free or with a modest buy-in to turn the ads off?

For reference, the app I used to use is called "atools", with the "a" stylized as a Greek letter alpha in the icon logo.

Dark Penguin

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
ETA: I should have also mentioned: I'd like the app to have a setting that would make the front flashlight come on by default, or at least let the user choose front or back before any light actually comes on.

A "creative" light that looks like a gaslamp or candle flame would also work provided it's bright enough. That would ptobably mean the app has to maximize the brightness, like the one I used to ise.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using AC Forums mobile app

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Can you check that first link?

It just takes me to a forum landing page.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using AC Forums mobile app

Sorry, it's the stupid forum software converting the Play Store link to this kind of affiliate link, which doesn't always work right.

The app is called "Flashlight: No Permissions" and the developer name is Humberto, so do a search on the Play Store for that. You can also bring up the Android Authority article and find the app and link there.