What's the one thing that Moto could add to make you buy a Moto X2?

Mason Sell

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
I never bought the moto x, but the device always had my curiosity. I'm currently using the one m8 and I will switch in an instant if they offer any combination of the following:
-big battery
-1080p display
-dual speakers
-better camera w/ ois and good enough microphones to withstand concert volume levels.
-wireless charging

I'd love to see an IR blaster and a snapdragon 801 or even 805, but that's fairly doubtful especially since rumors point toward an 800.

Posted via Android Central App

nteeman

May 22, 2012
Visit site
Waiting, waiting, waiting, and now that HTC One Mini 2 is starting to get my attention. Don't know how much longer I can wait as my old HTC Rezound is slowly going. Come on Motorola release it already!

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I just want it to fit in my huge hand! Nothing over 4.7 inches though. If it's a little bit bigger then I might still pick it up. However I bet we see different sizes this year. Let Moto change the gam like that this year! :)

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
4.9“ 1080 screen with decent color calibration. I can't stand the blue/green AMOLED screens from a year past but haven't seen anything recent.

SD slot.

Done.

Not really interested in the other phones out so far, it's pretty much this or hang on to my Nexus 5 for another year.

jasondhsd

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
Assuming the rumored specs are correction (Snapdragon 800, 2gb ram, 32gb, Full HD 5" screen, etc) and the off-contract price of $399 is accurate then I'll be ordering it soon as it comes out. My Galaxy S3 is starting to get flaky. Oh...and they better release the Verizon version at the same time as the GSM or I'll have to look else where. I'm not going to wait another 6 months for a Verizon version to come along.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Assuming the rumored specs are correction (Snapdragon 800, 2gb ram, 32gb, Full HD 5" screen, etc) and the off-contract price of $399 is accurate then I'll be ordering it soon as it comes out. My Galaxy S3 is starting to get flaky. Oh...and they better release the Verizon version at the same time as the GSM or I'll have to look else where. I'm not going to wait another 6 months for a Verizon version to come along.

I am just going to break it to you now, there is no way this will have a retail price of 399. Not until months after launch. 499 would be the best you could ever hope for. 550 or 600 would be more likely.

The only devices that have ever had 399 or less pricing at launch have been budget and Nexus devices(subsidized by Google). The x+1 is not going to be either or those and last time I checked, moto is in no position to be selling flagship devices with low profit margins.

These "rumors" about pricing are guaranteed to be baseless speculation just like they were with the original x. Then the forums will light up about how overpriced it is at announcement just like the original x.

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I am just going to break it to you now, there is no way this will have a retail price of 399. Not until months after launch. 499 would be the best you could ever hope for. 550 or 600 would be more likely.

The only devices that have ever had 399 or less pricing at launch have been budget and Nexus devices(subsidized by Google). The x+1 is not going to be either or those and last time I checked, moto is in no position to be selling flagship devices with low profit margins.

These "rumors" about pricing are guaranteed to be baseless speculation just like they were with the original x. Then the forums will light up about how overpriced it is at announcement just like the original x.

I disagree. You won't see the base model of the X+1 (whatever that ends up being) selling for more than $450. It certainly won't be $500 or higher. Even the G3 is only a smidge over $550, and it's stuffed to the gills with flagship specs. No, Motorola learned their lesson with the X, the G, and E. They know how to make a quality device with a low price point. If I had to hazard a guess, I would say the base X+1 will go for $399 (or $379), with higher storage models going for the low 400s (and not counting exotic backs like wood or leather).

bfox1015

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
My ideal Moto X+1 needs to have a curved back, a good camera w/ auto focus, image stabilization and low light mode, a battery that lasts from waking up til sleeping without charging, loud FRONT facing speaker, more touchless controls (like updating you FB status hands free), 5in screen or smaller (overwhelming majority do not want a bigger screen and prefer one handed use), 32gb+ hard drive, 2/3gb ram, IR blaster to use it as a remote control.

Posted via Android Central App

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I have the X and think it's a great, great phone. So many useful features and nice and smooth. If this phone doesn't have a great camera though, I won't even think about it.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
If there was a DROID MINI-sized variant, I'd probably jump quicker.

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I probably won't upgrade, I still like this phone. But stuff that would tempt me:

Longer battery life
Wireless charging
Dual sims
Better integration between the address book and Google now. I want to be able to tell the phone to take me to Clark's house, and get a useful response.

aglum

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
sounds like August 10 announcement and release... anyone? (the day after iphone 6 supposed announcement) This is going to be exciting. :eek:

Nathan-NL

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Must: Good camera.

Pretty much must: 4.7" - 5.0" inch screen, not bigger.

Would like: S801.

This will happen: 1080p.

Welcome: Very good battery life. With or without AMOLED screen.

To be expected: First class radio and excellent sound/call quality. Good quality components.

Deal breaker: The ugly phone that was leaked with those weird flashes.

And a full release in Europe.

kansasandroid1

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
I highly doubt Motorola launches this thing for the price of $399. The same rumors happened last year and well look what we saw... I can see the possibility of the price being $499 to undercut the flagships but that's as low as they will start out. All I'm hoping for in the next X is Better camera, bigger battery and 1080 screen and I will be set.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotNot84