What's your biggest SECOND impression about the Pixel 6/6 Pro?

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
What's your most impactful SECOND impression about your Pixel 6/6P?

In other words, what is something you really complained about or praised at first that you now have a second impression about? EIther an improved or worse opinion.

Pick your one top issue.

---

FIRST IMPRESSION: The fingerprint sensor experience. The symbol wasn't appearing every time, the screen would sometimes become non-responsive, and it wouldn't recognize my fingerprint every time.

SECOND IMPRESSION: Reading this forum, I realized I needed to set all the animation scales back to 1.0 (default). After doing so, I always got the symbol to guide me to the right spot. After a few days of practice, I can nail it 95% of the time. Also realized it takes a beat to unlock the phone but it's okay.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
FIRST IMPRESSION: It sucks that the Google weather widget won't update...

SECOND IMPRESSION: Man, it REALLY sucks that 2 weeks later this damn weather widget still won't update! Also the deceptive marketing about charging and the random call bug aren't great looks...

Positive note, the fingerprint scanner while a bit slow, is actually very accurate for me.

The_Woo

Aug 22, 2020
Visit site
So I ended up getting both Pixel 6s...

FIRST IMPRESSION:
I don't think the pro is that much different from the P6. Plus the curved screen is annoying.

SECOND IMPRESSION:
After using both in everyday use, the pro definitely feels premium. Everything from the screen, haptics, brightness, fluidity, etc. Plus the curved screen isn't an issue and actually is added display real estate on the screen. The bezels on the p6 annoy me now ..lol... Whether it's worth the extra $300, is still debatable.

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
That weather widget is not a Pixel 6 problem; per se. The same widget on my 4XL does not update till I hit it and it goes to the weather page. Have to guess it is an Android 12 problem; however from I had a different weather widget linked to the same homepage under A11, and it didn't update but about once an hour. Hopefully, a forthcoming update will fix.

In fact there was a very short thread on this under Android 12.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
That weather widget is not a Pixel 6 problem; per se. The same widget on my 4XL does not update till I hit it and it goes to the weather page. Have to guess it is an Android 12 problem; however from I had a different weather widget linked to the same homepage under A11, and it didn't update but about once an hour. Hopefully, a forthcoming update will fix.

It doesn't even work that well, it just says "location permission needed" even though it has it, and the weather works on the weather screen and the at a glance thing on the pixel launcher.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
First impression: Battery life wasn't all that great, with a lot of standby usage, and level down to 40-50% by end of day with only about 2 hrs of screen time

Second impression: Battery life pretty awesome after turning on wi-fi and keeping it on. It seems to decrease Mobile Network Standby usage significantly (from 25% down to 5-10%), even though my cell signal at home isn't particularly bad. Now, battery is around 70-80% at the end of the day (still with light usage -- I'll have to see how things are at a full day of work).

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
It doesn't even work that well, it just says "location permission needed" even though it has it, and the weather works on the weather screen and the at a glance thing on the pixel launcher.

Sounds like a bigger problem than what I am experiencing on Andy 12. At least when I do go to the weather app it shows my location and the crappy weather we are having today.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I just don't bother with Google's own weather widget -- it doesn't show enough information anyway. I like Weawow, which is a nice free app from an independent developer. Weather info is from good sources like Open Weather, and if you donate a couple of bucks, you can also get Accuweather on it as well.

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
True. I just blew away with the tiny weather app and installed a Weatherbug widget
2bBW4aM.jpg

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
1st impression - Really glad I got the standard 6, better size, flat screen, really like the green colour. Happy.

2nd impression - Ok those bezels are a bit annoying, I need that extra camera I am returning it and getting the pro.

3rd impression - Ok maybe I was hasty, that standard one really is a better size and I prefer the colour.

I now have both, this decision may take a while!

lcs101

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
1st impression - Really glad I got the standard 6, better size, flat screen, really like the green colour. Happy.

2nd impression - Ok those bezels are a bit annoying, I need that extra camera I am returning it and getting the pro.

3rd impression - Ok maybe I was hasty, that standard one really is a better size and I prefer the colour.

I now have both, this decision may take a while!

I'm pretty sure this will be my process when my 6 finally arrives (well, other than color since it looks like I'll just be getting stormy black)

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
I'm pretty sure this will be my process when my 6 finally arrives (well, other than color since it looks like I'll just be getting stormy black)

In the UK black is the only option if you want more than 128gb of storage too.

Personally I would have rather they kept the 5 around to tick the mid-range box and give us 2 pros in different sizes.

The pro is a beast even more so with a case, no doubt the 6 is nicer to hold and the edges have that Pixel 4 vibe which I really like.

Torisen1

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site

That is so weird, mine works great, the Google weather widget that is.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hebdo_Madaires