What's your thoughts on Moto 360 vs Apple Watch?

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
I like the idea that it has NFC in the watch and it can be used for Tap To Pay. Also, if the watch is removed from the arm it's no longer authorized for Tap To Pay. I suspect that Apple Watch users will find out that keeping NFC on all the time will eat the battery.

Machoua Yang

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I think that the moto 360/android wear does its job correctly. I wouldn't want a second zoomable screen. In my honest opinion, a smart watch is a notification hub. Quick glance at your wrist for readable and simplified notifications. Pebble does this job amazingly well. When the apple watch comes out, we will all see if it changes how a smart watch supposed to function. I think the industry is still trying to define the smart watch. But I think right now it works fine for my needs.

Posted via the Android Central App

dss2000

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
I think that the moto 360/android wear does its job correctly. I wouldn't want a second zoomable screen. In my honest opinion, a smart watch is a notification hub. Quick glance at your wrist for readable and simplified notifications. Pebble does this job amazingly well. When the apple watch comes out, we will all see if it changes how a smart watch supposed to function. I think the industry is still trying to define the smart watch. But I think right now it works fine for my needs.

Posted via the Android Central App

I agree, screen too small to try to zoom and look at a map. Watch is just and extension of the phone a secondary screen. I envision the Head Up Display on a car will be similar just showing minimal information like an arrow to tell you which way to turn and distance to the turn. I could see someone make a HUD version of Android Wear to go in the car.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max mays