Question Whatsapp restore issue.

JerryMak

Jul 25, 2023
Visit site
Hi,

I've been trying to restore my WhatsApp for 2 months now, but I haven't been successful. The data is huge, around 116 GB, and stored on Google Drive. When I try to restore it through WhatsApp, the app freezes because it needs a good internet connection and it might take days.

I've tried using third-party tools like Wondershare, but none of them support Crypt 15. I believe WhatsApp updated their encryption to 15 in 2021, but no one has adopted this new technology yet.

I want to download the WhatsApp data to my computer and then restore it from there. Another idea I had was to remove the encryption and back up my new WhatsApp data (which is only 1 GB) to the previous backup storage. However, I'm afraid that this will overwrite the 116 GB of data.

Please advise me on what to do. Your help is a lifesaver for me.

Thanks, Jack

unique9876

Apr 26, 2022
Visit site
Hey there! I understand your frustration. Handling such a massive WhatsApp backup can be tricky.

You can try using a faster and stable internet connection to restore through WhatsApp. Alternatively, download the WhatsApp data from Google Drive to your computer, then experiment with a backup extractor tool compatible with Crypt 15.

Keep the original backup safe while testing, and avoid overwriting until you find a working solution.

JerryMak

Jul 25, 2023
Visit site
Hey there! I understand your frustration. Handling such a massive WhatsApp backup can be tricky.

You can try using a faster and stable internet connection to restore through WhatsApp. Alternatively, download the WhatsApp data from Google Drive to your computer, then experiment with a backup extractor tool compatible with Crypt 15.

Keep the original backup safe while testing, and avoid overwriting until you find a working solution.
I appreciate your response. which is the backup extractor name?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana