When i put a video/movie on Aso micro sd card it gets al messed up. Anyone who knows a fix?

Jordi Kruit

Jan 16, 2019
Visit site
I bought a micro sd card for my xiaomi redme note 5 pro to put episodes of series on. but when i try to play them they get al stuttery and messed up.
I've tried multiple micro sd cards and they all have the same problem. When i move the episode from the sd to the internal storage the problem persists. But when i move them from my pc to my internal storage they play just fine.
Any who knows a fix?
(sandisk 128gg micro sd card)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Did you get all of these cards from the same source? If so, they could all be counterfeit.

How big are the files? If they're bigger than 4 GB and the card is formatted FAT32, it might be causing problems, since the max filesize on FAT32 is 4 GB.

Jordi Kruit

Jan 16, 2019
Visit site
i got the cards from amazon so i know they cant be counterfeit.
the file sizes are about 1 gb each since the shows are in episodes.
the problem isnt the size of the files, its what happens when you play them. they will get there will be a lot of artifacting and screen tearing.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Getting them from Amazon is no guarantee that they're good -- especially if they're from a 3rd party seller, but only fulfilled by Amazon (or if it's from the Amazon Marketplace).

When you copy the files to the card, are you doing it via USB connection while the card is still in the phone? If so, see what happens if you Unmount the card and insert it into the computer's card reader, and copy the file directly to the card. I've seen issues with data errors when copying large files over USB.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smuglur