When Switching ROMs

djkleric

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
When ever I want to try another ROM I will do a backup of my current ROM. I do a full wipe, but when I want to use my backup of my ROM it will not go back to the way it was. Launcher is not set correctly and I have to sign in to all of my accounts. But all apps are there. I only have this problem when doing a full wipe. Anyone have this same issue? I am using TWRP 4.2.2.

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Are you talking about a nandroid in TWRP or a backup using Titanium backup?

A nandroid should be a complete image of the full state of the phone. Doing a restore shouldn't require any configuration.

I'm not using TWRP so it's possible there are other backup options that i'm not familiar with. Try CWM and see if you see the same thing maybe?

djkleric

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
yes a Nand Backup. Never happened on other phones. That is why it is weird. I tried CWM, and I dont like it for some reason.

dubyasux

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
Make sure you have sufficient storage space for the backup (nandroid backups on the Nexus 4 require ~1 GB of space) and backup the system, data, and boot partitions; and be sure to wipe cache, Dalvik cache, and system before restoring a nandroid backup.