where's the video player?

tere12

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site
I've transfered some short personal videos to my HTC Droid Eris.
I put them in a "videos" folder in the SD card.

But I can't figure out how to play the videos on the phone
I don't see a video player in my Eris.
Does the Eris not come with a video player?

If not, can someone recommend a free video player that I can
install in the Eris?
thanks!!

flspnr

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
Bumping. I'd really like to know the answer to this too. I put some .avi files on my phone and would love to be able to watch them!

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
snap20100201_064736.png

snap20100201_064402.png

Last edited:

mc48

Dec 4, 2009
Visit site
on the Eris that is called "Albums" Several ways to get there, go under your apps and it should be your first icon. Or with your camera open, on the bottom left is an icon and then bottom left again is three bars, touch that and that brings you to your albums. These are separated into different folder such as "camera shots" "all photos" "all downloads" etc. There is one for "all videos". Go to that, find the video and touch the video to play.

mc48

Dec 4, 2009
Visit site
you can also download a video player app like LukLuk and it gives you an option to play the videos on your SD card

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
LOL. So long since I looked in the stock app drawer I forgot the name. Thanks for the clarification guys.

@Cory
Find Starbucks??!? You're in Seattle. Walk 11 steps in any direction! I heard you could jump from the roof of one Starbucks over to the roof of the next Starbucks and go the whole way to Portland without ever touching the ground :D

I kid because I'm jealous. Around here if i want a decent expresso I'm forced to make my own. And even with a fortune in grinders and pump machines, it's still not as good until you mix lots amaretto in.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
@Cory
Find Starbucks??!? You're in Seattle. Walk 11 steps in any direction! I heard you could jump from the roof of one Starbucks over to the roof of the next Starbucks and go the whole way to Portland without ever touching the ground :D

I kid because I'm jealous. Around here if i want a decent expresso I'm forced to make my own. And even with a fortune in grinders and pump machines, it's still not as good until you mix lots amaretto in.

LMAO!! Yes, you are pretty much correct about the # of Starbucks in this area. However, I don't use this app when I'm at home, I use it when I travel to one of the 11 states I cover as part of my job. And when I'm at Starbucks, it's usually for food or tea, not coffee. They are the best in that regard.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Alternatively,
I've used Linda File Manager to browse the SD card. Find the file, and press it. It should have a popup asking what program to open it with. From there, pick Albums.
There are multiple ways to skin a cat, and I usually find an off the wall way to make things work.

tere12

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site
yes, I do have an Album icon, but I don't have a drawer like
Corey's, he must have some other kind of phone.
It doesn't matter though, I know how to get to my apps.
thanks for straightening that out for me!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sunn35