Which App can I use to import photos to Android Tablet from a camera?

A

AC Question

Right - Here goes!
Equipment: Huawei M2 Premium 10 Android Tablet (running Version 5.1.1.) and Sony RX100 Camera. Using a fully working OTG cable.

I am looking for a photo gallery/editing app that will automatically import photos from the digital camera to the Android tablet. Ideally, like how the iPad 'Photos' app works, I would like an app that, when I plug the camera into the tablet, senses that new photos need to be imported, does so and stores them locally on the tablet.

Note that I said 'import'! Not transfer, share, move or copy/paste. I am trying to avoid using a File manager app to select then copy/paste and I do not want to faff about removing the SD card from the camera and plugging it into the tablet.

I have tried the native 'Gallery' app - no import feature. I have also tried the Adobe Aviary app - no import feature. Both the Gallery and Aviary apps will display the camera photos perfectly, but I do not see an import function. This means when I unplug the camera, the displayed photos disappear from there tablet.

Has anyone already been through this loop and can help me please?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali