which browser you use?

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I started using the HTC browser again and they still support reflow. There are other things I prefer over Chrome like having a dedicated refresh button.

Posted via the Android Central App

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
As someone with a vision problem I need to be able to adjust the front size in websites and to zoom in on certain pages. I like how on android u can set it to zoom in even on mobile websites that normally restrict this. I don't think u can do this in the iPhone and overall the text size is smaller in safari.

I hope the text reflow remains when I get lollipop. I normally use chrome with font set to 130% but like the option to use the htc browser on certain websites

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
There used to be a refresh button in the address bar of Chrome, but I guess Google thought it was too convenient and moved it into the menu in one of the "updates."

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
What Google has done is by long pressing the 3 dots it automatically refreshes. The button used to be to the left of the 3 dots, so it is more actionable now, but they incorporated it in a build of Chrome Beta that is now on the general Chrome. It is better but I still prefer the dedicated button. The only thing I miss from Chrome is the recent tabs and sync which HTC doesn't have. Maybe it will in Sense 7.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Nope...HTC has released the stock browser in the play store now.

Thanks for posting this. Just downloaded it and it looks almost exactly like Chrome, but with text reflow still. I'm curious if they have a workaround for 5.0. Any idea of a quick and easy way to import bookmarks from Chrome to the HTC browser?

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for posting this. Just downloaded it and it looks almost exactly like Chrome, but with text reflow still. I'm curious if they have a workaround for 5.0. Any idea of a quick and easy way to import bookmarks from Chrome to the HTC browser?

You have to use HTC sync manager USB via desktop.

LaCalaMan

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site
Hi, I just joined the forum.

Updated to lollipop on my htc one m8 and decided to use chrome as my main browser.

Was interested when I read that you like the "auto translate" when not in zoom. How do you set this up?

Thanks.

BruceCk

May 25, 2014
Visit site
I used to use the stock browser, but with the Labs thumb controls gone in the updated version, I'll probably mainly use Chrome. I use Firefox on PC with around 5,000 bookmarks in a folder structure. Firefox Android doesn't sync the structure (it's supposed to), just one long list, so unusable. Ironically, importing the Firefox bookmarks into Chrome on the PC syncs them perfectly with Android Chrome.

dmoss7

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
I used to use the stock browser, but with the Labs thumb controls gone in the updated version, I'll probably mainly use Chrome. I use Firefox on PC with around 5,000 bookmarks in a folder structure. Firefox Android doesn't sync the structure (it's supposed to), just one long list, so unusable. Ironically, importing the Firefox bookmarks into Chrome on the PC syncs them perfectly with Android Chrome.

I don't have a lot of bookmarks, that's why it works for me. But I can see why it would be unusable if you've got that many.

AnimalMotherASF

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Firefox for video, chrome has slow video playback for me. I use chrome as my browser. Tried all the browsers. I stick to chrome or Firefox, Firefox has picked up it's game. I tend to stay away from Chinese developers.

Mystikal777

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
I love the stock browser the best. I have tried so many browsers out, I have lost count! The full screen option is a delight and the page scrolling is very smoith. But I also have Chrome and Firefox as back up options. For flash, nothing beats Dolphin.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174