Which launcher are you using?

gdgtgeek

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Is it possible to get the HTC Weather widget in a custom launcher. When I installed Apex, I did not see the option to add the HTC weather widget. I dont care for the rest. Yes I know I can install Beautiful widgets, but I would rather not install another app

SAENZ_SCENE

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
You can't get the official sense 4.0 widget with a custom launcher. It's built into sense framework. I know you don't want to download another app but that is the only option to get something that looks similar.

Sent from my HTC One X

kostas7

May 24, 2012
Visit site
i have galaxy s i9000. i have apex launcher...i tried to install go launcher and i unlock my phone twice one with apex launcher and one with go launcher, sometime i installed 3 launcher and i unlock my phone 3 times to go in my menu. now i have installed go launcher can i deactivate the locker from apex launcher and hold only the locker from go launcher???

Raadius

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I hate the fact you have this huge screen, but these TINY icons. C'mon HTC, you gotta do better. Plus, no launcher bumps the size up, at least without making the icons look stretched or weird.

I'm looking for iPhone or MIUI size icons from a launcher, and you can change icons from the homescreen. ADW attempts to do this, but the icons look very weird when you increase the size.

Unitedstreets

Jan 21, 2010
Visit site
I just got my LTE EVO Thursday and I really like the Sense 4.0... I am thinking of checking out Nova Launcher or APEX Launcher. I'm not sure which one I wanna pay for. Both of them are similar to Launcher Pro Plus that I used on my original EVO. I like Launcher Pro Plus and that's what I'm looking for in a Launcher. The problem I have with APEX and NOVA are neither one includes widgets. That's what I want.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE using Android Central Forums

aztecgod106

May 11, 2012
Visit site
I've been using GO launcher with Ics theme and a couple of apps ( Beautiful Widgets, PowerAmp, Full Screen Caller ID to name a few) since my phone is not rooted. It looks and feels Awesome...I think if you want a Good Experience you need to at least purchase a few apps :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch(SPH-D710) using Android Central Forums

just.garet

May 1, 2012
Visit site
I just got my LTE EVO Thursday and I really like the Sense 4.0... I am thinking of checking out Nova Launcher or APEX Launcher. I'm not sure which one I wanna pay for. Both of them are similar to Launcher Pro Plus that I used on my original EVO. I like Launcher Pro Plus and that's what I'm looking for in a Launcher. The problem I have with APEX and NOVA are neither one includes widgets. That's what I want.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE using Android Central Forums

I just installed Nova Launcher, and I love everything ( particularly the scrollable dock :D ) except the widgets. Nova doesn't support any of the HTC widgets, and the widget drawer is clunky and not smooth like the app drawer is.

Is there any custom launcher which has better widget integration?

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I just installed Nova Launcher, and I love everything ( particularly the scrollable dock :D ) except the widgets. Nova doesn't support any of the HTC widgets, and the widget drawer is clunky and not smooth like the app drawer is.

You have to run the sense launcher to use the sense widgets.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

iJITSU

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site

Go Launcher is very customizable and has many different widgets comparable to HTC's, and with the transparent theme they look great, but Go Launcher doesn't take up the whole screen (HTC menu variation at bottom), where Nova and Apex use the whole screen. If you search on Google Play you can find widgets that are as good or better than HTC's stock widgets, and you can use them with any laucher you'd like.

teletraan1

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
Just installed Nova Prime on my HTC One X (Tegra). The phone is significantly faster now. Everything is much snappier. Sense really does add a lot of bloat to Android and it's not until you install a different launcher that you'll notice. I disabled the transitions and returning to the home screen from apps is pretty much instantaneous.

Loving the scrolling dock! Saves real estate on the home screen. Running 5 icons across and it looks great! Also love vertical scrolling in the app drawer. Makes browsing apps much quicker. Another plus is unread notifications for gmail and messages!

I do miss the Sense widgets though and wish you could use them with different launchers. I miss being able to swipe to my 2nd home screen and having my calendar right there. That said, I'd gladly sacrifice those widgets for the snappiness! So quick now!

just.garet

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Been testing out two launchers for a week: Nova Launcher Prime and Go Launcher EX

They are both excellent, and have their advantages, but I prefer Nova Launcher Prime for the following reasons:

1) Nova Launcher still has an ICS look and feel. Though so many settings can be modified, I still feel like I'm using an Android ICS phone.

2) Go Launcher EX is pretty, but it reminds me a lot of IOS. I don't like the squared icons with rounded corners on Go Launcher EX. If I preferred the look and feel of IOS, I wouldn't have dumped my iPhone 2 years ago. I do like the look of the dock icons a lot though.

Some of the Go Launcher widgets are superior, however. The Go Power Master and Go SMS pro are excellent, and fortunately, you can use these apps with any launcher.

I'm still experimenting with both launchers, and perhaps I'll change my mind, but for now, I prefer Nova Launcher Prime.

Will Test Apex Launcher next.

Reactions: Unitedstreets

goodcoffy

May 29, 2012
Visit site
I tried Nova and Apex... they both are about the same, but my preference is leaning more towards Apex because you can lock your screen without worrying about your widgets and icons being moved. I wished the notification on both launcher would support other mail clients besides gmail.

iJITSU

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Been testing out two launchers for a week: Nova Launcher Prime and Go Launcher EX

2) Go Launcher EX is pretty, but it reminds me a lot of IOS. I don't like the squared icons with rounded corners on Go Launcher EX. If I preferred the look and feel of IOS, I wouldn't have dumped my iPhone 2 years ago. I do like the look of the dock icons a lot though.

Will Test Apex Launcher next.

Note: There are many, many themes available on in the market that completely change the look of Go Launcher including the icons, dock, etc. For instance, the Meego theme will change all the icons to look like Meego icons. That said, I prefer Nova and Apex on an ICS device. Apex is nice because you can also theme the icons, and Nova is good because you can create folders in the actual app drawer (not home screen) which I don't believe you can currently do with Apex. Both are very quick and as others have pointed out, they retain the ICS feel.

Reactions: Unitedstreets

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djboulette