Which non-Samsung smartwatch is your favorite?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You posted in the T-Mobile forum -- are you asking specifically about smartwatches sold through T-Mobile?

I have a Huawei Watch and a 1st gen ASUS Zenwatch. The Huawei Watch is excellent -- elegant, not overly huge (as Android Wear watches tend to be), nice screen, great battery life. The Zenwatch was also a good value, but I prefer the round face.

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I've got both the LG G Watch R and the Samsung S2 Classic (tmobile edition).
I like the rugged look of the R, but tend to gravitate towards the Classic for day to day usage. Both have their advantages, but the S2 seems more capable overall. This may well change when Wear 2.0 is released in the coming weeks for the R.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
You posted in the T-Mobile forum -- are you asking specifically about smartwatches sold through T-Mobile?

Watches that work on TMO. We just switched to TMO and they can't port my Gear S2 over so I have to watch shop. I'm surprised and quite disappointed there don't seem to be many that have 3G. I'm trying to wean myself off Samsung.

TomOfTx

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Have you looked on Swappa? I see a regular Gear S2 and three Gear S2 Classic watches listed right now that are for TMO. One of the Gear S2 Classic watches is brand new and only selling for $190.

I bought a mint condition Gear S2 Classic from Swappa last summer and it has been great. I have a Gear S3 Frontier too, so I rotate between the two during the week.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Yup, Swappa is a favorite place of mine. :) Haven't checked today but will be. I would love a rose gold Classic. I'm waiting for my signal booster from TMO. My ported VZW ->TMO Note 5 has trouble making and receiving calls in our house. If the booster fixes that issue then I only need a watch. If it doesn't then I need a watch and phone.

TomOfTx

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
The rose gold Gear S2 Classic looks nice. I have not seen a 3G/4G cellular version of it anywhere, only bluetooth. If it were ever available with the cellular connection, I would get my wife one. It would certainly look nicer than the black. :)

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
The rose gold Gear S2 Classic looks nice. I have not seen a 3G/4G cellular version of it anywhere, only bluetooth. If it were ever available with the cellular connection, I would get my wife one. It would certainly look nicer than the black. :)
I'm glad you told me. Could have sworn it had 3G. Oh this sucks.

TomOfTx

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
According to this article:

https://www.lifewire.com/smartwatches-with-cellular-connectivity-4107839

"Note that the more premium-looking Gear S2 Classic is also available with 3G connectivity"

If there is a rose gold Gear S2 Classic with cellular capability, I have never seen one for sale from AT&T, T-Mobile, or Verizon. All I see for sale, even from Samsung, is a bluetooth version, which I have no use for. I could never go back to using a watch without the 3G/4G/LTE connectivity! :)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnsd84