Which phone should I buy between the Nexbit Robin and the Oneplus 3 to replace my Nexus 5

A

AC Question

My 2.5 year old nexus 5 is having issues with the power button causing ongoing reboot at odd time. So I need to replace it but don't want to be stuck with a 2 year contract in Canada. To get a Samsung Galaxy S7 this would mean paying about $250 up front + taking on a premium package at $80 - $85 per month + 15% taxes... So I'm looking at the Nexbit Robin and the Oneplus 3. The Amoled screens are really nice but going with the Oneplus 3 is probably $100 - $150 more expensive than the Nexbit Robin... What about OS updates? ... What about cpu and gpu? Which one would you buy?

Keep up the good work,
Marty

Lacker20

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I recently purchased the Nextbit Robin for similar reasons I didn't want to go on contract in Canada.

For me, the lack of a physical button on the front screen and lower price of the Robin were the reasons why I took this device.

So far I have really enjoyed this phone and have been surprised by battery life. I don't really play games but manage to get 3 to 4.5 SOT over a 12-16 hour period. I use it mainly for communication (4 emails, BBM, text) and social media. Also it is compact but the screen is still big enough.