which phones do most VZW Note 2 owners upgrade to?

newbroot83

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
not really, when it was on sale at Best Buy for $149 back in February... (or $99 for those who registered for the $50 BB gift card offer)

Im not speaking of price. Sales come around often enough. To me the only reason to move to another phone is to top the one you currently have. That is why the note 3 is the only logical choice to me

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

CarrierPigeon

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Im not speaking of price. Sales come around often enough. To me the only reason to move to another phone is to top the one you currently have. That is why the note 3 is the only logical choice to me

Ok, I see you point. But you also said "kind of a waste" earlier. Does that mean you think the Note 3, while a great phone, is not that big of an upgrade from the Note 2?

newbroot83

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Ok, I see you point. But you also said "kind of a waste" earlier. Does that mean you think the Note 3, while a great phone, is not that big of an upgrade from the Note 2?

Correct. Using n3bula rom on my note 2 I can have all the new features of the note 3. Size is nothing impressive. Its a small jump. The battery really doesnt last any longer. Overall appearance is nicer but def not a reason to upgrade

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Assuming you're a fan of the screen size and S-Pen, I'd think most Note 2 owners would naturally update to the Note 3. Those who may not use the S-Pen much or at all may look at other large screen phones such as the HTC One Max or may be slightly smaller screened phones such as the LG G2, Moto X, or even the new HTC One (M8) or the upcoming S5.

Myself, I'm a Note fan all the way. Gotta have the large screen and S-Pen. :p Unfortunately, as good of a phone as the Note 3 is, I just didn't feel it was enough of an upgrade over the Note 2 to warrant paying full retail again to keep grandfathered unlimited data. I was really hoping for a screen size closer to 6". The Note 4 should be that at 5.9", assuming Samsung follows the .2" bump in screen size with each Note iteration (Note 1 - 5.3", Note 2 - 5.5", Note 3 - 5.7"). Still have to reserve judgement though until we know more about it once it's announced. They could kill my interest if it has a sealed/embedded battery (absolute deal breaker for me!). :'( I wouldn't expect they'd do that, but one never knows until the device specs are announced. Meanwhile, I'm content to still rock my Note 2! :)

newbroot83

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I agree with you about the note 2 to 3 being a waste. But to me there is no other phones. If it aint a note I dont need it (makes me sound like a sheep). But the real reason I would upgrade would be for the air command features. Now that they are available for the note 2, there is absolutely no reason to upgrade. Like you, ill wait on the note 4

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm with you on that one! :) (assuming the Note 4 ends up being not the much "better" than the Note 3) :D

Exception: if Apple wakes up from its coma and releases a new iPhone with screen size of 5 inches or more. :)

Eww... Well that's never going happen. If crapple copied the best phone and called it theirs I would just laugh like I always do. They don't make anything better than a Walmart phone these days.

VetteDude

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Note 4 definitely. Have to decide if I'm staying on Verizon (paying full price for my unlimited) or moving over to Sprint (the LTE in my area is really good and they don't have contracts anymore; I hate contracts)

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I had the note 2 and bought two Note 3s. Well worth the upgrade for aws alone. Once aws was enabled, I saw a 5 fold increase in speed at work because b13 was pretty heavily used. The screen is also much sharper and the Note 3 is brighter in direct sunlight. The remote control is nice, I don't have to hunt for the remote anymore.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Note 4 definitely. Have to decide if I'm staying on Verizon (paying full price for my unlimited) or moving over to Sprint (the LTE in my area is really good and they don't have contracts anymore; I hate contracts)

There are ways to keep unlimited and getting subsidized phone. See my signature.

VetteDude

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
There are ways to keep unlimited and getting subsidized phone. See my signature.

I don't feel like being in a 2 year contract. Contracts are old news in the Wireless industry.... a sad relic of the dark ages of Verizon/AT&T controlling everything on the phone. It's time to adapt and switch to no contract postpaid (which is what Sprint is doing now)

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't feel like being in a 2 year contract. Contracts are old news in the Wireless industry.... a sad relic of the dark ages of Verizon/AT&T controlling everything on the phone. It's time to adapt and switch to no contract postpaid (which is what Sprint is doing now)

Well, for me, I want the most reliable network, and it doesn't look like anyone is going to take Verizon's throne in the next two years so I have no problem signing a contract.

But if you don't want to sign a service contract, you don't have to. Verizon doesn't force you to do so, you can also buy through edge. Or buy full retail.

VetteDude

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Well, for me, I want the most reliable network, and it doesn't look like anyone is going to take Verizon's throne in the next two years so I have no problem signing a contract.

But if you don't want to sign a service contract, you don't have to. Verizon doesn't force you to do so, you can also buy through edge. Or buy full retail.

Thats good that Verizon works best for you. In my area the cell density is lacking so speeds take a hit, although sheer coverage is good. I still miss the old Alltel days though. That network was crazy good. Im a fan of vzs network but not some of their business practices, so I would like to be free to leave at my own will.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Thats good that Verizon works best for you. In my area the cell density is lacking so speeds take a hit, although sheer coverage is good. I still miss the old Alltel days though. That network was crazy good. Im a fan of vzs network but not some of their business practices, so I would like to be free to leave at my own will.

If you wish to discuss this further, please create a topic in the appropriate forum.

Liquidretro

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
The Note 2 is the first phone I have felt after 2 years I don't have to upgrade ASAP. As of right now I plan on riding it out until the Holiday Season. It sounds like the qualcom chips coming out then will be worth waiting for too.