white dot in top left notification bar

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Keep in mind that if you're concerned about security you'll need to upgrade to a newer phone. The LG V20 is a 6 year old phone, and it is only capable of running up to Android 8.0. The current version of Android is 13. Running such an outdated version of Android that also has no security updates is more concerning than anyone spying on your keyboard.

Heather Marie3

Feb 17, 2023
Visit site
I suddenly have this same dot. It showed up 3 days ago. The night b4 it appeared, I had a pop up saying I was signed out of my Verizon app. When I signed back in it said I needed to verify it was me with 2 boxes for my 1st name & last name. As soon as I hit NEXT.. I knew I shouldn't have. Somebody was fishing for my name on my account. I went back to my Gmail & realized 2 emails from Verizon, a week old, that were phishing emails.
Next day Verizon App Manager has installed 12 apps!
I think this dot, is something to do with changes to my Verizon account or with my Google account. Which suddenly now is showing 2 identical devices signed into my Google

This sounds like someone is mirroring your phone... Meaning they can literally read & see almost everything your doing. I had an ex of mine do this, I can't remember how to figure out if someone is that or not.. but I believe it has to do something with if there's 2 phones showing the same IEMI # or something... There's a way to see if someone is forwarding your emails or calls as well.. scary times we live in

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
No, it doesn't sound like mirroring. It'd be pretty incompetent spyware if it announced itself. The person you quoted was having problems with Verizon's own bloatware, which is definitely annoying, but not technically malware: https://www.reddit.com/r/verizon/comments/f80ph0/verizon_app_manager_installing_apps_without/

If you follow common sense security guidelines, getting malware is very unlikely. I linked these before, but one good turn deserves another:

“I’ve been hacked” - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com
[GUIDE] How To Avoid Malware - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

Reactions: rvbfan

Naksbabs

Mar 21, 2024
Visit site
To anyone that may have the same issue, try to:
1. Swipe down the notification bar
2. Locate "Phone Master" (if it is there)
3. Press and hold for three seconds.
4. Select "turn off notifications"
5. Select "all phone master notifications" and
6. Confirm the choice.
That should solve the problem mostly. If it doesn't, repeat the same process for other apps that you may suspect. Good luck!