Whitestone Dome Glass Screen protector Impressions

Mathrania

Jul 3, 2017
Visit site
Xposted Reditt

Well, I installed Whitestone Dome Glass screen protector on my Pixel 6 Pro. I Used it on my S21 Ultra previously and it worked flawlessly there, so gave it one more try! The installation was similar to S21 Ultra except the jig is a bit manual this time. I wish they did the automated thing that they did with S21 Ultra. But nevertheless, the installation went fine and the fingerprint reader works 100% fine! I did not even re-register the fingerprints after the installation. Whitestone suggests we do it, but it worked flawlessly without that. Here is a video if someone is interested:

https://youtu.be/XpCAacjlWGA

Thanks

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Xposted Reditt

Well, I installed Whitestone Dome Glass screen protector on my Pixel 6 Pro. I Used it on my S21 Ultra previously and it worked flawlessly there, so gave it one more try! The installation was similar to S21 Ultra except the jig is a bit manual this time. I wish they did the automated thing that they did with S21 Ultra. But nevertheless, the installation went fine and the fingerprint reader works 100% fine! I did not even re-register the fingerprints after the installation. Whitestone suggests we do it, but it worked flawlessly without that. Here is a video if someone is interested:

Thanks
Nice thanks for sharing I'll take a look bc I'm interested in a real glass screen protector and I've had the white stone on my pixel 4 xl and loved it. Currently using a film screen protector which has been great for what it is but I'm more curious to see how the white stone fits in the curved edges.

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
So I just watched the video thanks for creating this it was very helpful and this screen protector looks super promising. Can you let us know about the curved edges, does the glass cover the curved edges or does it only protect the flat surface of the screen leaving the curved edges exposed?

Mathrania

Jul 3, 2017
Visit site
So I just watched the video thanks for creating this it was very helpful and this screen protector looks super promising. Can you let us know about the curved edges, does the glass cover the curved edges or does it only protect the flat surface of the screen leaving the curved edges exposed?
It does cover the edges but not to the end. Its good because it works well with my MNML case. Also the swipe gestures on the side doesn't bother as the screen protector goes a little down the edge and is not just on the flat part of the screen.

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
It does cover the edges but not to the end. Its good because it works well with my MNML case. Also the swipe gestures on the side doesn't bother as the screen protector goes a little down the edge and is not just on the flat part of the screen.
Hopefully not asking too much but if you don't mind and when time permits could you post a photo demonstrating where the separation is between the screen protector and curved edge? Thank you.

Mathrania

Jul 3, 2017
Visit site
Hopefully not asking too much but if you don't mind and when time permits could you post a photo demonstrating where the separation is between the screen protector and curved edge? Thank you.
Its difficult to show in the picture, but to describe, if you look at the phone facing you, the protector covers till the point the display works, but of you look from the side, you will be able to see a tad bit of display naked.PXL_20211225_233716919.jpg

sundry

Jan 9, 2016
Visit site
Xposted Reditt

Thanks

Well done. Thanks for the video link.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ukfred