Who is getting the Nexus 5?

Tech First

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
yea if it has the G2 OIS cam and comes in under $400 il probably buy the N5. If the FCC dimensions are true then this should be a very small phone for a 5" screen, its only a couple MM larger then the Moto X and a bit smaller then the SGS4.

As long as the 2300 battery can make it through the day on 1 hour screen on time and say 20 mins of txt/calls on a charge thats good enough for me.

Il probably grab a AT&T LTE straight talk sim if I do get the N5

MrSlippery519

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Camera, battery and release date dependent. The LG G2 releases end of this month for me in Canada, so I am hoping to get some real information on the Nexus 5 in the next few weeks. I will be getting either one at this point.

jerrod6

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Landsalot4

A few weeks ago I went to the AT&T store to look at the Moto X. While there I spoke with the rep and asked what the process would be if I purchased a Nexus from the Google Play store. He knew exactly what I was talking about. He said I would have to have an AT&T plan(figured that) and that I show up with the phone, he gives me the sim and that's it.
Def going to get this phone if it is LTE.

I would like to know more about your problems with AT&T not giving you the correct IMEI.

GoldenEagle06

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm on a GS3 right now. Due for a new phone at the end of October. The 5 will be an option hopefully. Will also look at the GS4. Wife is thinking of jumping the iPhone ship for the HTC One

jerrod6

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Please tell me what the new A7 64-bit CPU is going to do for people that buy's the i5s phone? Are there any 64 bit Apps? Why would anyone write a 64 bit App that all the 32 bit iPhones/iPads won't run? Unless the RAM in the phone exceeds the 32 bit addressing limit of 4GB of Ram there is nothing 64 bits does for anyone with a phone. Yes, the 64 bit A7 is backwards compatible running 32 bit App but no 32 bit device can run a 64 bit App. Microsoft does have a slight lead in bringing 64 bit Tablet computing in the Surfaces and in 2014 Android 64 bit will come when ARM releases its Cortex-A57 and Cortex-A53 processors. 64 bits CPU for a phone is a useless specification but for a tablet if could be useful.

Looks like Apple is the copy cat since the Motorola ATRIX 4G featured a biometric fingerprint smart sensor all the way back in 2011 and it wasn't a major selling point. It is going to be fun when people have to take their glove off or have a band-aid on their finger that unlocks the phone. People fear having their finger print stored even with the Apple statement they don't store the finger print at least for now. That is what killed Motorola ATRIX 4G fingerprint security.
True there might not be any 64 bit apps out right now, but I imagine that all of the core apple apps present on the phone are writtten in 64 bit. This may mean better performance for them but at this time perhaps not better for apps. Really doesn't matter since Intel had a presentation and one of the slides said their chip would support the future 64 bit android system, so everything gonna have it.

boparunsxc

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm certainly considering it. I love my N4 and love having the latest and greatest devices, but hate my options for carriers. AT&T is too expensive and T-Mobile has spotty coverage in my area. I wish I could put an N5 on a sprint mvno....

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

Tech First

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm certainly considering it. I love my N4 and love having the latest and greatest devices, but hate my options for carriers. AT&T is too expensive and T-Mobile has spotty coverage in my area. I wish I could put an N5 on a sprint mvno....

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

Try an AT&T straight talk sim... can get em with LTE now. not the best if your a heavy user though, i hear they throttle you if you use more then something like 150mb in a day

Pollster

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Love Nexus phones and tablets. Love Vanilla Android + updates.
I like the Moto X a lot, too though. It would also be easier for me to stay on Verizon with good network and grandfathered unlimited. Nexus 5 is not coming to VZW.

Hopefully, by Christmas I can know
How quickly the X Updates on Verizon
If 32GB is ever in the cards for the Verizon version.

If 32GB is in the cards for the next Nexus
The answers to the first two questions which determine my desire to stay on VZW

That's my algorithm to decide. It's basically down to two phones. Stay on VZ with Moto X or leave for Nexus.

branant

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I wish LG just installed Stock Android on the G2 and called it the new Nexus. The screen size is perfect, specs are amazing and the phone is well built and very good looking.

Posted via Android Central App

Dumb1

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I really want to say yes. However will just have to wait and see what specs the phone has. I currently have GS3 and love the phone but hate the bloatware and touchwix crap and sloooow updates. I really hope google releases a flagship phone with the 5 and not a middle of the road phone like the moto.

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I really want to say yes. However will just have to wait and see what specs the phone has. I currently have GS3 and love the phone but hate the bloatware and touchwix crap and sloooow updates. I really hope google releases a flagship phone with the 5 and not a middle of the road phone like the moto.

No disrespect but the Moto x in no way middle of the road. It should trounce your Gs3 and is probably more smooth than the gs4. Dont get hung up on quad core processors. But im deciding between the N5 and Moto

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Dumb1

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
No disrespect but the Moto x in no way middle of the road. It should trounce your Gs3 and is probably more smooth than the gs4. Dont get hung up on quad core processors. But im deciding between the N5 and Moto

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

You are right I have not used the Moto so not far to call it that and I love the fact that it is assembled in USA. Was hoping it would have pushed the envelope a little further is all.

Crisdean

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
The Moto X looks nice. Can anyone advise if the camera has received a update yet? apart from that it looks pretty good from the reviews I've seen.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sherrymae34