Who loves blinkfeed?

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
It doesn't give a time interval, your choices are over WiFi or over either. I've just turned everything off and the only feed is HTC/The One tips and tricks. Like how to get unwanted people out of your shot, or how to tell a whole story in one pic by combining images from Zoe. Curious to see if there's any noticeable change in battery life?

Sent from my One device.

Imnutsnj

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I like Blinkfeed so much that I finally rooted and rommed my DNA just to have it.
I'm currently running Newt's ROM NOS_M7_v3.0.5 Android 4.2.2 and Sense 5.

Sent from my NOS_M7_v3.0.5 rommed HTC DROID DNA via Android Central App.

Xsie

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Initially I was on the fence about blinkfeed...

But oh man once I got it set up to my liking its my favorite thing ever!!! So yes I love it!

The only thing that SUCKS now I don't want to use any of the cool launchers because I don't want to lose blinkfeed just as it is- a dedicated page I can swipe right to!

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

With Apex you can make a shortcut to blinkfeed!

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Yep most launchers you can create a shortcut to blinkfeed. Better if you ask me cuz then you have it as a small widget instead of a whole screen

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

agp423

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
I think it's okay. I can see why it would be appealing to people who keep close track of their multiple social medial platforms, but I don't want to see all my social updates all the time, so I just use it as a news feed page.

Imnutsnj

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I think it's okay. I can see why it would be appealing to people who keep close track of their multiple social medial platforms, but I don't want to see all my social updates all the time, so I just use it as a news feed page.

Same thing here, I use it for a news feed. Most of the time I disable the Facebook feed.

Sent from my HTC DNA running Newt's NOS_M7_v3.0.5 ROM.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Well today is the first day I've ran without anything but HTC One tips running in the blink feed and my battery has improved noticeably in the first ten minutes. I stayed at 100% for ten minutes. Screen on searched Google maps and watched a 1.5 minute video. Then 99%. I am on Wi-Fi, screen set to auto, and that's about it. We'll see what the rest of the day holds.

Posted via Android Central App

CHILLYWILL_95831

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I love blinkfeed, I just wish I could filter my facebook friends as to which I want to see updates on.

You can choose who you want to show in your BlinkFeed. In BlinkFeed, tap a FB post, then tap the menu in the upper left hand corner, then tap "friends" .... There will be a list of all your friends but not in any order that I've detected... To the far right there's a blue friend toggle for each friend... Tap it, there will be a pop up, tap the option "see friends list" and scroll down, uncheck "show in news feed" ... I believe is the option... Voila, after several more updates to your BlinkFeed all of that friend's posts will be gone for good without unfriending or blocking them!

Posted via Android Central App

Andrew Johnstone

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
I find the info great and very easy to read and digest. However, does anyone know how to retrieve historic blinkfeeds ?

I remember reading an article about 6 weeks ago and would love to revisit it. I did not save it at the time, so is there a blink feed library somewhere ?

Andrew

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenbelte17