Who's getting a Google Home Hub?

marcb11

Dec 19, 2016
Visit site
It's a pretty epic device. It's integration to YouTube tv via voice is mind blowingly good.

Nest camera works great as does the new home hub to control all my Wemo plugs and switches as well as my Honeywell thermostats.

Ambient mode and night clock mode by the bedside is perfect too.

May be the best most refined product Google released this year.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I have two. First one came from Lowes. I ordered from HD when it was $99 but got a back order email. I asked Lowes if they would match HD and they said yes. Last week I found out that Nebraska Furniture Mart was selling them for $99. I called the same Lowes to see if they would again match the price. Closest NFM is 112 miles away :eek: They matched the price :)

One is on my nightstand. One is on the windowsill in the kitchen above the sink. Eye level. It's too small to look right anywhere else in the kitchen. I'm one that prefers the fact that it doesn't have a camera. I like it! The only thing that really needs updated is Continued Conversation. I don't understand why that wasn't a feature at release. How can it be different having CC on the other Google smart speakers and not GHH? Frustrating!

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Bought a 3rd one on Black Friday. The only black mark against these is NO continued conversations. What was Google thinking? One step forward and one step backwards.

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Continued conversations is where your google device continues listening for 8 seconds after it gives you an answer. So you could say "Thank you" after google gives you the info, and it will say "Your welcome", or ask another question without having to say your trigger words.

smooches680

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I picked my Google Home Hub and Lenovo Smart Display both on Black Friday for $99.00 ea. Great devices!
Ordered one. Been using a home as a home control, sleep music and alarm in my bedroom for a while this ups the game.

Now I can have all that, plus a clock, videos, quick access to youtube tv and my nest cams, letting me leave my phone out of the room.

For $149??? Bargin.

smooches680

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Well the Home Hub is definitely small fits right in my desk in the office. I have an Echo Spot which is way smaller and round and I have that one in my bathroom on my side of the sink. I also have several Echo Shows and the new Facebook Portal all over the house!
I want one but my place is so small I'm not sure where I would place it. I have my mini in the bedroom and the regular home in my living room. I stopped by Best Buy today to check out the new phones and they had a Home Hub on display, it's so tiny.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Well the Home Hub is definitely small fits right in my desk in the office. I have an Echo Spot which is way smaller and round and I have that one in my bathroom on my side of the sink. I also have several Echo Shows and the new Facebook Portal all over the house!

I can wait until the new smaller smart display comes out.... The Lenovo Smart Clock

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6jS7rhMm5Y

Notefan161

Jan 9, 2019
Visit site
Continued conversations is where your google device continues listening for 8 seconds after it gives you an answer. So you could say "Thank you" after google gives you the info, and it will say "Your welcome", or ask another question without having to say your trigger words.

That doesn’t work for me