Who's got the TouchWiz OTA?

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
How long should it take the tablet to reboot? Mine has not and it has been over 10 mins

After the download and starting the update, my Tab just sat there for about 2 minutes (no feedback) then a window popped up telling me it needed to reboot. I clicked OK and it took another 30 seconds or so to go black... another 10-15 to show signs of life. Then it had a percentage meter which took about 15 minutes to run from 0-100%. Finally, a long reboot and it was up and running.

FS36

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I still get the no update found message. Also, the from what i've seen, you won't get it if you are rooted correct? :'(

Shak 930

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Got it...downloaded in ten minutes, installed about another ten, and rebooted right away. So far liking it very much. UI appears to be much cleaner and the tab is significantly faster. Swype works great too. Gotta test drive a bit more but so far looking awesome!

fguills

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Its not a very long processes to download and install like some people have stated on here!

Sent from my EPIC using Tapatalk

bubbadog

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Mine just finished & rebooted. Smooth process. Everything looks & works great. Will play with the changes after work. So far I like it.:)

freddyc

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I like it. Everything does seem faster and all around smoother. The browser lag seems to be gone when I'm typing. And Google labs is active so the quick controls are available now!

drethos

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Just got boy I feel lost on a tablet I thought I knew again. :p btw anyone know how to or if you can change the apps on the short cut bar at the bottum? Btw very multitasking ly how you can open some apps on top of others. Like the calculator and note pad.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

1414H77

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
What a major letdown! What are the bloggers smoking? While Touchwiz features look nice, it definitely slows everything down- opening apps, switching screens, pulling up menus, etc.

UPDATE EDIT- Did a factory data restore. Touchwiz now dramatically faster. Encouraging.

Last edited:

eclass82

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Any one notice the Task manager Ram status, I'm running minimal stuff, few icons and one widget.. My Ram status says 619MB/724MB Doesn't that seem pretty high for not having hardly anything running??