Who's returning the Flip?

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site

Oh damn $1000 secondary "fun" phone? You must be rich

That's too much money to spend on a secondary backup phone... I agreed the flip could be a nice secondary phone but its price tag doesn't say it should be a secondary phone.

The phone has too much compromise to be a daily phone, because of that I think it's going to be a sales flop!!!
I think a majority of us purchased the flip to use as a secondary phone. I can't imagine using the flip as my main device, but as a secondary device it's been great and compact. There have been times I didn't even know it was in my pocket

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I think a majority of us purchased the flip to use as a secondary phone. I can't imagine using the flip as my main device, but as a secondary device it's been great and compact. There have been times I didn't even know it was in my pocket
I think women would love these smaller form phones, fit in the purse great. I kind of like it for pocket use.

Nodnerb

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I think women would love these smaller form phones, fit in the purse great. I kind of like it for pocket use.

I'm not sure why it is so marketed toward women. I hate having a big phone digging into my hip when I sit down. Women at least can carry a purse. Mens phones all go in the pocket. This is certainly my primary phone. 6.7" screen and tiny form factor......it's awesome! So far.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure why it is so marketed toward women. I hate having a big phone digging into my hip when I sit down. Women at least can carry a purse. Mens phones all go in the pocket. This is certainly my primary phone. 6.7" screen and tiny form factor......it's awesome! So far.
I get that. That's why I said I would like it for my pocket. If there wasn't a fold 3 I would probably buy it. I loved my Motorola star-tac back in the day. Everyone complains about the pricing of the folds, the star-tac was close to a thousand also. Way back then.

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
THIS is me. It's like the assumption is men like carrying a huge brick in our pockets? Women do have smaller pockets, yes. But like you said most (not all) have a purse to lug the brick in.

I'm excited about folding this guy up and not having to take it out all the time to sit down. Bu then having a very usable sized screen when you flip it out.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
Dude we're phone enthusiast that's why you're hanging around this section of the Forum even though you have don't have the phone. It's just a place to share information, relax!!!!

It's amazing at how emotional some get if you don't like their phone. Like, who cares. So someone doesn't like it. It's not a personal attack against you just because you like it.

As with others have said, I watched several review videos on the Flip and the battery life has been the biggest downside in all the reviews. There's no way I'll get a phone with mediocre battery life.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I'm on the fence about the flip 3. I was using the s21 people to this phone. I view the printers as somewhat equal. Each had it's own benefit. I really like the compactness of the Flip 3.i went with the 21 day trial through Samsung. They are smart cause it takes 21 days to break a habit. That is how lung it may take for me to see the benefit of this phone over the s21.
FYI the battery is getting better in day 3.
Glad you trying it out before commiting to it , let us know what you decide.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Already had secondary phones , I purchased for my Media consumption, pocketable,new tech I thought I can jump on now , and hasn't disappoint me at all so far

Knightmayre90

Jan 18, 2018
Visit site
Coming from the Note 10 plus I thought I'd struggle to get used to this phone. But now I've had it around 10 days I'm so happy with it. Once you play around, mess around with some of the settings that help with battery life etc, it's becomes just like any other phones except it folds. Mine is now running amazingly. The battery life is not a problem anymore, it's lasts all day now. My screen is set up like my note and when open, the phone feels pretty much the same. The speakers are just insane, so loud. I'm definitely happy with this one and know it will do for the next year or so easily. The folding action just doesn't get boring at all. If anyone is undecided whether to send back, I'd advise to give it about a week. The battery is an issue for the first few days but does improve.

shoaib shah

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
I returned my Flip 3 5G because of a faulty device due to the firmware being EUX.

I'm still on the fence waiting for maybe the Galaxy s21 FE or maybe s22 which is way out yet. Also eyeing the new PIXEL 6 duo which has caught my interest. Let's see.

My biggest gripe was it way too slippery even though I could have put a case on it. Also I wear tracksuit bottoms and on the out most of the time so get on falling out lol.

None of family was digging it lol just look a gimmick.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
It's amazing at how emotional some get if you don't like their phone. Like, who cares. So someone doesn't like it. It's not a personal attack against you just because you like it.

As with others have said, I watched several review videos on the Flip and the battery life has been the biggest downside in all the reviews. There's no way I'll get a phone with mediocre battery life.
Well I'm pointing out that we get the I'm returning the phone post for every phone. Do not take what I'm saying that I care what you do because I don't.

I've watched a lot of videos on phones and I've found a lot to be the creators personal feelings or they have financial gain by what they say. I watch the videos usually to see the features I'm interested in, not to determine if I should buy it because they like it, if I did that I would buy everything Flossy reviews, everything is a major go, just to damn high priced

You are 100% correct, you, yourself decide what to buy and not everyone will like the same phone. If someone buys it and they don't like it, well at least they tried it and know now.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
You have to want a phone that flips, otherwise a standard phone is your best bet. The flip is the reason to get this phone. It folds in half and is much easier to carry around than a normal 6.7 inch phone.

bxrider117

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
So I'm going to be returning my Z Flip 3. I really like the phone. It's compact and very useful. I'm hopeful that from it's popularity the next iteration will have a bigger battery and be able to spread the heat out a little better.
No meter how I tried o could only squeeze 3-4 hours of screen on time. I decided to just keep my S21.
I'll what and see what happens next year.

theobject

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
I was in Best Buy today to play around with the phone and the sales folks said they had 3 returns today for battery life and overheating. I'm tempted to buy this as a 2nd phone for convenience but I may have to pass.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I was in Best Buy today to play around with the phone and the sales folks said they had 3 returns today for battery life and overheating. I'm tempted to buy this as a 2nd phone for convenience but I may have to pass.
Try it for 14 days , see what your experience is , also the fold 3 on july update so Samsung hasn't done a update to address any issues yet .

theobject

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
Try it for 14 days , see what your experience is , also the fold 3 on july update so Samsung hasn't done a update to address any issues yet .

I can get past the battery life, it's more of what will I do with it as a 2nd phone. Swapping SIM cards in and out doesn't seem appealing and I really don't want to pay for an additional line on my plan. I'm caught in that tech geek want the latest gadget, but having trouble justifying it. And then there's my wife giving me the side eyes when I talk about it...