Who's switching from iPhone 6 /6s/plus to s7 edge

78standards

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
So a couple of important questions - will I be able to get at least 64 gb of internal drive space? I need the room for applications. Secondly, will I be able to use the microSD card as additional internal drive space? I heard that Marshmallow allows you to expand your total drive space using your SD card. That will ensure that I can install the applications I normally utilizing. The one thing I hated about my previous 32 GB Note Edge was it only came with 32 GB of internal space. I constantly ran out of space.

..my understanding at this point is you will max at 32gb of internal storage with the SD card being secondary for the storage of photos, music, etc.

Davyo

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I constantly bounce back and forth between Apple and Samsung, I recently gave up my Note 5 for my current 6S+,,,, big mistake !!!!

Pre-ordered the T-Mobile S7 Edge on day one, have the overnight shipping notice so I should have my S7 Edge today or tomorrow, then bye bye iPhone,,, love the T-Mobile jump on demand program !!!!

Love my iPads, Pro, Air 2 and mini,,,, but iPhones not so much.

Last week a very nice Samsung rep gave me a sneak peek at the S7 Edge he had stashed in his pocket, my 20 minutes of play time with the S7 totaly blew me away !!!!!

Cheers, Davyo

Rafterman00

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I am keeping both a 6S+ and a S7 Edge. I'm all about the storage and 128GB of storage on the iPhone is nice, bu 232GB on the edge is even nicer.

But screw Samsung for not enabling adoptable storage, which would make the 200GB microSD card even more effective. And the same for the networks for only offering the 32GB version of the S7's. How come US market don't get the 64GB? Weak.

SdotA85

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Switching from iPhone 6s Plus to the 7edge. I enjoy both platforms , I'll most likely get the iPhone 7 later this year.

Cincybearcatfan

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
My first smartphone was a Droid Incredible in 2010. I was hoping it would be the Nexus but as you know Verizon refused to carry it. Since that time I've been an Android fanboy. Rooting, romming, flashing machine. I've owned the Dinc, Droid Turbo, Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy Note 4, Nexus 6, a Moto 360, Moto Xoom, on and on I bought in.

About a month ago, I made the switch to Apple. Just one guys perspective but the Apple 6S Plus has far and away the BEST battery life that I've ever had. There are things that I miss like a fully functioning Gmail app and wireless charging but overall, I don't miss my Nexus 6 at all, or any of my previous phones.

There was a time that I believe that Android led Apple in innovation but now it seems that Apple has (almost) caught up. Just my .02¢ .

mustang8918

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I received my S7 edge yesterday and returned my 6s Plus today(JOD). The edge feels almost to small but my spigen case arrives tomorrow and it should feel just perfect with that on.

wxman2003

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Switched from the 6 Plus the the S7 Edge today. The 1GB of RAM on the 6 Plus is bad. Phone gets slower with each update.

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm switching over, I hope. I have been on iphone 6 plus and 6s plus the last year. The battery life is the only thing that has kept me on the iphone. It's a beast. If the battery is as good as it sounds like then I'll finally be able to get back on android for good.

wxman2003

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Switching from 6Plus to the S7 Edge. Been searching the internet to figure out best way to transfer itunes music from imac to the S7 Edge. I have about 40 GB of music, so transferring to the internal storage will not work. I want to put it on a MicroSD card. Does doubleTwist do this easily, or does it try an install on internal storage instead?

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Switching from 6Plus to the S7 Edge. Been searching the internet to figure out best way to transfer itunes music from imac to the S7 Edge. I have about 40 GB of music, so transferring to the internal storage will not work. I want to put it on a MicroSD card. Does doubleTwist do this easily, or does it try an install on internal storage instead?

Have you used doubletwist? It's a pain in the **** if you ask me. Why not use Apple Music or Google Play music? Isn't free for the amount needed in your case, but both work nicely and use SD storage out of the box.

But to answer your question: yes, doubletwist can use an SD card:

https://www.doubletwist.com/help/question/how-do-i-switch-from-internal-storage-to-sd-card/

brahuna

Mar 7, 2016
Visit site
6 year iPhone user and I'm wating for the S7 Edge to be delivered. I even got the Tab 2. Much faster than my iPad's and lighter. Sold all my Apple devices and I'm excited for the switch. Not the same Android I remember 6 years ago which is why I switched. Top notch now!

Posted via the Android Central App

Shabab Huq1

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Switch to Apple from android

With the release of the S7, I'd like to put my thoughts out there. My very first phone was an entry level android phone, Samsung Galaxy Y, which was a variant in South Asia only. I really liked that phone but decided to move onto something better. I bought the Sony Xperia P, and boy did I love it. I used it for a couple of years until the Galaxy S5 came out. At this point I was a die hard android fan and wouldn't even consider Apple. But, I found that I needed to buy the 7500 mAh Zerolemon battery for the Galaxy S5 soon enough. I would get around 2 hours of battery life on it and it was brand new. Apart from that the performance was terrible. It was always laggy, got extremely hot and even YouTube would not work properly. I could not just open up an app and do something on it. But, I eagerly waited for the S6. I bought the S6 edge and boy was it any better? The phone would burn a hole through my hand. But, here's the catch. Not only was I getting around 3 hours of battery life upon little to no use I couldn't even switch the battery. So when Apple announced the IPhone 6S I saw the specs and took my chance. I was on a contract and couldn't get out but I managed to use a T-Mobile representatives mistake for my benefit. I thus switched from android to Apple and I can't tell all you die hard android fans what you're missing. Not only does it not get hot, the battery actually lasts. You can connect it to a low voltage source and it'll still charge fast enough unlike Samsung phones which kept draining even if it was connected. The phones performance is lightning fast and there's never any lag. I am writing this in hopes all you android fans give Apple a shot if you suffer the same fate as I did.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: Switch to Apple from android

Okay, but what you describe suggests that your two Samsung specimens were faulty or badly set up. I notice no very great difference between the battery life of my own Androids and iPhones.

Tech-Newb

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
Re: Switch to Apple from android

2 hours battery life on S5 and 3 hours on S6? You got a faulty one. Or maybe you got a replica. iphone 6s only lasts 6 hours under my hand. while my S5 lasts 9 hours, just enough before i hit to bed.

Posted with ❤Love❤

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhesslim0130