Why am I getting the Error Message: Unfortunately, com.android.server has stopped.?

A

AC Question

Error Message: "Unfortunately, com.android.server has stopped."

Bright-Tab with KitKat 4.4.
I keep getting this warning (Unfortunately, com.android.server has stopped.) popping up onto my screen with only the option to press "ok". I feel like it's caused by DU battery manager and/or DU speed booster as I don't remember them being there when I first started it up and did not download them. (Think it's some sort of adware).
I have tried a hard reset and I am completely unable to uninstall those 2 apps.
Incredibly frustrating.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Error Message: "Unfortunately, com.android.server has stopped."

Welcome to the forums. You reset the device, meaning you set it up like you did when you first turned it on?

S Wyatt

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site

OP here, didn't know how to reply without making an account like this.
Yes, I did a full reset. A clean slate (in theory) but those two apps are still there, there is even a new icon on my dashboard labeled "Optimize" that hadn't been there initially. I've had the tablet less than 3 months.

S Wyatt

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site

Frankly I'd be fine with the apps staying so long as that message stops popping up every 5 minutes or so.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Frankly I'd be fine with the apps staying so long as that message stops popping up every 5 minutes or so.
Sorry for the delay. Maybe try going into settings>storage and click cache. It will pop up if you want to clear it. Click yes. See if that helps.

Sent from an AOSP M8

S Wyatt

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site

Thanks for trying to help, there's all sorts of weirdness now though. In addition to the pop up warning I now have an Icon for something called "FarmSlots" appearing on my dashboard and now app for it in sight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hustler23