Why am I not getting notifications/unable to access any settings on my Android N beta Nexus 6?

A

AC Question

I have been using the Android N developer preview since it started, and everything had been fine bar a few expected bugs and niggles. Up until last week, I hadn't had any need for my phone to be turned off, but then it ran out of battery and I stuck it on charge when I got home. The next time I turned it on, I noticed that although I could swipe down to see the initial settings (the thin row of customisable icons) I couldn't do anything further. I couldn't access the settings button or even go further in to the settings of the icons shown - it just changes the bar to reflect the title of the icon I selected.

It wasn't long after this that I realised that I was no longer receiving notifications from anything at all. I have to go into my apps to see any relevant updates, such as messages in Messenger/WhatsApp or Updates in the Play Store.

I thought to myself that I could perhaps take a full backup of my Nexus, then de-list from the beta program (which I understand will wipe my device of personal data), however I'm stuck because it looks like USB debugging isn't currently turned on and I can't access my settings at all, never mind getting into the developer options.

Help? I'm pretty desperate to find a solution for these issues as I don't want to have to lose any data but I think I'm done with the program. It's defeated me!

And yeah, I know it's my own fault for enlisting etc. but any help would be amazing.

Thanks in advance!
Ross

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max mays