Why Bring Out A "Regular" S6 And An S6 Edge At The Same Time?

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Kind of diffuses the message that the S6 is the "next greatest thing" with the Edge variant sitting on the shelf right next to it. The S6 is Samsung's flagship effort and should be viewed as such. It's not as if Apple has the iPhone 6 and the iPhone 6 "Prime."

If they believe the edge technology and implementation are keepers and truly move the bar forward they should just fully commit to this and make this an integral part of the S6.

I suspect this is an absolutely awful marketing move by Samsung.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Most people won't buy the Edge, especially since it's more than likely gonna be priced much higher than the S6. So it probably won't cause any problems. Most people will get the S6 and the ones who think the Edge is cool enough to be worth the extra money will get it. One thing Samsung gets is marketing. I think they'll be fine.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Actually i like the idea that if they are going to have a variant they announce them together, and here is why..

The motorola released the droid razr, people loved it, and then a couple of months later the razr maxx came out, same great phone (at the time) but w a bigger battery. People who had just used their upgrade felt upset because they would have waited if they had known.
With the s6 and s6 edge being announced at the same time, even w different release dates, u dont p*** off your customers, you give them the choice upfront.

I for one like the idea, and other companies have figured that out as well (apple has released the variants at the same time so people can choose)

Between how the note edge has done and how this new one will do, will tell samsung more accurately if its going to be a selling point or just a niche.. and they will know better where to move from those numbers.

Verizon Note4 w/ Tech 21 case

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I don't have an issue with it.

I'd imagine the 'regular' Galaxy S6 being the more popular one, with those wanting to try something different would pick up the Edge. The S6 will still be their flagship, with the Edge being on the side.

Phillip Pugh

Banned
Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I don't see a issues with it I got the note 4 edge and paid 150 more but I wanted it and it's different if you don't want the edge phone don't buy it but don't b**** about it

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ron1morgan