Why can't I play the audio through the Bluetooth speaker when my Mic is connected?

aakash bashyal

Dec 20, 2022
Visit site
I connected the External Boya Mic (through type- C port) on my Oneplus 9 Pro phone, I recorded the sound, and I wanted to play that through the Bluetooth speaker but the audio is being routed to the mic, not to the Bluetooth speaker. I can't play the sound through the speaker. And also normally when that Mic is connected, my android phone doesn't play any sound or maybe it just wants to play through that external Mic.

This is the mic that I am using:

1570776437.jpg

Why I can't play the sound on my Bluetooth speaker while my mic is connected? Is there any way to do it?

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It might be a bug related to the mic. I'm assuming the mic can't actually play audio back, so there's no reason for audio to route into the mic. Try contacting Boya's support: https://www.boya-mic.com/wap/Support.html

Did the mic come with its own USB-C cable? If so, is that the one you're using?

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I merged your threads and made you the owner of the original guest post. Please review my response to your initial post.

Mr Bojangles1

Oct 29, 2019
Visit site
I connected the External Boya Mic (through type- C port) on my Oneplus 9 Pro phone, I recorded the sound, and I wanted to play that through the Bluetooth speaker but the audio is being routed to the mic, not to the Bluetooth speaker. I can't play the sound through the speaker. And also normally when that Mic is connected, my android phone doesn't play any sound or maybe it just wants to play through that external Mic.

This is the mic that I am using:

View attachment 350460

Why I can't play the sound on my Bluetooth speaker while my mic is connected? Is there any way to do it?

If you hold your finger on the Bluetooth tile in the quick settings pull down and then click the settings icon next to your microphone is there a setting called media audio or something similar that is enabled?