why do i keep getting "settings has stopped" whenever i try to set up fingerprint or pattern

Bitrus Ajuwai

Dec 6, 2020
Visit site
why do i keep getting "settings has stopped" whenever i try to set up fingerprint or pattern

i bought a pre-used galaxy note5 (SM-N920C) everything was working just fine, including fingerprint, pattern and password but the phone was rooted, it was also heating up and draining battery fast, ads kept popping up too. so decided to flash it with the official firmware mainly to unroot it, which was not very successful. first, i was getting "not registered on network" after i solved that, i then tried to setup fingerprint security or pattern, only to start getting "settings has stopped" or "Settings keeps stopping" whenever i tried to create pattern or password to setup fingerprint. i have done several factory resets, flashed three more different official firmwares, erase data through "find my phone" in my samsung account. i even tried to lock the phone through "find my phone" and then unlock it again. still the issue persist. even during initial general setup of the phone after flashing it, i still gets "settings has stopped" whenever i reached setup for fingerprint or pattern. i will truly appreciate any good suggestion. thanks.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Re: why do i keep getting "settings has stopped" whenever i try to set up fingerprint or pattern

Hi, welcome to AC!

You have international version or US ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasIndia