Why do my Galaxy A13 restored contacts disappear minutes after I restore them?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

When I touch the contacts of the home screen a new screen appears with my name at the top, left side: 3 horozontal bars stacked vertically above the word "phone", right side: + sign, magnifying glass icon, and 3 dots stacked vertically, lower middle screen: the words "no contacts".
If I touch the magnifying glass icon a search screen appears listing beneath the heading "recent searches" 29 contacts with Jan. 2023 dates to their right and 4 contacts with Dec. 28-29 dates to their right. X's appear to the right of all of these dates. Center screen below the list of searched contacts is the option "clear all".
If I return to the home screen, touch the phone icon & touch contacts on the new screen, all of my contacts appear. If I then touch options, select trash , then touch edit, select all, then touch restore, a message appears saying that all of my contacts have been restored.
If I then open the home screen, press the contacts icon all of the restored contacts appear on screen briefly, then disappear. Home screen, phone icon, contacts sequence returns a list of contacts.