Why does my Android A1 (Android 5.1.1) need a reboot to access media files for few min everytime?

A

AC Question

My Android A1 (Android 5.1.1) needs reboots to access media files for few min everytime.

Hi,

My Android A1 phone with 16GB SD card says "Sorry, this media file doesn't exist on your media card" error when I access any photo or video file that was sent through Whatsapp or saved in Photos. When I try to open a pic that a friend has newly shared on Whatsapp I get the message "Download failed - The download was unable to complete. Please try again later.". If I reboot the phone, the phone goes into "optimizing apps" mode for 8-9 minutes and then this problem disappears for some time (not sure how long, but appears to be somewhere between 5 to 20 min) and then re-appears until I reboot again (again optimizing apps and then able to access media files for another 5-20 min). Same result when I unmount / mount and reboot. I have already done a factory reset and facing this again. The media files certainly do exist on the phone, but I need to repeat the procedures (reboot - optimizing apps, OR, unmount/mount/reboot) to be able to access media files on the phone. Even if I try to connect the phone to my Windows laptop and try to browse the files, I need to do the same procedures otherwise the media files just don't show up in the Windows explorer.

Just wanted to add that I am able to access text messages in the Whatsapp as per normal without any reboots. And am able to see facebook pics/videos without any reboots.

Can someone help me fix this ?

Regards
MAgrawal

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MusicChris63