Why does my phone power off trying to connect with bluetooth device.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have a Pixel 3a on android 12. This started happening after the December 5, 2021 security update. When I try to connect a bluetooth device the phone just shuts off. It will turn back on and works just fine as long as I don't try to connect to a bluetooth device. I tried it with headphones and the car.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for answering so quickly. It does work in safe mode. No problem connecting to my headset without the phone turning off.
Hi welcome to AC!
Your welcome
So its ok in safe mode check any 3rd party apps or application recently downloaded could be causing this .

belginla

Dec 9, 2021
Visit site
I have uninstalled about 20 apps so far and restarting the phone. Still the same problem. I just recently connected headphones to the jack and it does the same thing. It restarts the phone.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I have uninstalled about 20 apps so far and restarting the phone. Still the same problem. I just recently connected headphones to the jack and it does the same thing. It restarts the phone.
You have lot of apps?
Maybe do a factory reset

belginla

Dec 9, 2021
Visit site
I know you are trying to help me. I thought about factory reset before posting here. I have about 16 more apps to do. Some of those are a pain to reinstall due to some verification procedures I would have to go thru. I just think this is a lot of hassle. Especially knowing that the December 2021 update created the problem in the first place. I was hoping you had some ideas when I also mentioned the headphone jack.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I know you are trying to help me. I thought about factory reset before posting here. I have about 16 more apps to do. Some of those are a pain to reinstall due to some verification procedures I would have to go thru. I just think this is a lot of hassle. Especially knowing that the December 2021 update created the problem in the first place. I was hoping you had some ideas when I also mentioned the headphone jack.
I wouldn't uninstall the ones with verifications maybe the others but im going move this to the pixel 3a forums incase members there ran into it , but to not have a issue in safe mode usually means 3rd party app or application is causing this as it turns them off in this mode .

belginla

Dec 9, 2021
Visit site
Thanks for all your help. I just finished uninstalling more apps. The radio.net app was the one that did it. I have been using it for about a year on and off. The December update must not work with this app. Anyways. Thanks again.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for all your help. I just finished uninstalling more apps. The radio.net app was the one that did it. I have been using it for about a year on and off. The December update must not work with this app. Anyways. Thanks again.
Nice , I can see that causing a issue , glad it's solved .
Your welcome!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lumen