Why everything is faster with Froyo

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Just a theory but I have the system panel app and I noticed that now after the update from yesterday that the cpu clock speed stays up around 700MHz - before it would jump up and down depending on what was running/loading but then it would drop to around 200MHz. Perhaps saving the time it would take to rev up to the required MHz - (Or somehing is constantly using my cpu which I really hope not.)

In a sense it stays ready so it doesn't have to get ready

Anyone with this app wanna chip in their 2 cent?

SilverZero

May 21, 2010
Visit site
That could be. I know that SetCPU (which can be used to throttle CPU and save battery power) allows you to set profiles to lower the CPU when, say, the screen is off, and sometimes if you turn it on and then try to do something right away, the CPU is still at that lower frequency and lags a bit. But this is also tied to the polling interval, or how often the CPU frequency is checked.

Of course, this hinges on the assumption that stock Froyo actively scales the CPU based on load.

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
But this is also tied to the polling interval, or how often the CPU frequency is checked.

Of course, this hinges on the assumption that stock Froyo actively scales the CPU based on load.

Lost me right here ^ anyone else? come on where is everyone.... ( still spooning that froyo I bet )

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
You'll also notice that when you check your battery status, the display will be the highest number.

Other things like android core processes will be lower.

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
You'll also notice that when you check your battery status, the display will be the highest number.

Other things like android core processes will be lower.

My display is always near the bottom of the list for me - Cell Standby and Android system are my top 2

jazmatician

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
YOU ARE NOT ALONE

My display is always near the bottom of the list for me - Cell Standby and Android system are my top 2

Just FYI, I am in exactly the same boat. Same highest two, same CPU behavior before & after Froyo. Went from 230mHz ish idle to 700+ (3x?).

Battery is now uh, what, assrageous?

RayStinkle

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
i thin kthis thread got started on a bug in the system panel app. i've seen the bug where the cpu meter at the top gets stuck up around 800mhz and never drops back down, so it looks like youre cpu is running high. but really its just a graphical glitch in the app with froyo. the cpu scaling in froyo is just the same as it was in eclair, nothing has changed...

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I am seeing the same thing. With System Pannel on 2.1 i would see it drop down below 400mhz quite often.
After updating to 2.2 it never drops below 550Mhz. I also did update System Pannel as they said in a relese note that 2.2 handles memory and processing differently and they have updated their software. How accurate that is i dont know. But at least what its displaying is a higher CPU speed then before.

mrich70

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I am seeing the same thing. With System Pannel on 2.1 i would see it drop down below 400mhz quite often.
After updating to 2.2 it never drops below 550Mhz. I also did update System Pannel as they said in a relese note that 2.2 handles memory and processing differently and they have updated their software. How accurate that is i dont know. But at least what its displaying is a higher CPU speed then before.

How do i access the system panel to see this info?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caldul1234