why is it that my phone cannot connect to my laptop via usb but others phones can.

Daniel Anyams

May 22, 2021
Visit site
Hello, please I've had some trouble trying to connect my android phone to my laptop with my usb chord to no avail. My sibling can connect there phones to my laptop with my own usb and it works for them very well, but when it comes to my phone it only charges, the laptop doesn't even get a beep when my phone is connected to it neither does my phone. my phone doesn't even show the usb options for transferring files, no pop ups no nothing. I've tried almost every solution out there like buying new chords, usb debugging, downloading and updating even downloaded pc suites but still nothing works, i'm really confused. please i do need your help, Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? When you connect the phone and swipe down the notification panel, you're saying that you don't see a USB notification there?

Make sure the USB port on the phone is clear of any debris. Use a can of compressed air to blow it out, and a dry toothbrush to clean it out.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The phone's USB connector might be faulty, then. Since it's a 4 year old phone, I assume it is no longer under warranty, so you'd have to bring it to a repair shop. Sorry!