Why is my AT&T branded unlocked LG Velvet supposedly not compatible with Boost Mob. network (AT&T) ?

Tom36pr

Sep 12, 2022
Visit site
Why is my AT&T branded unlocked LG Velvet supposedly not compatible with Boost Mob. network (AT&T) ?

I have a LG Velvet 5G, unlocked and AT&T branded, Model # LG G900UM. I was trying to get Boost as my MVNO which operates on AT&T's network. They told me my phone is not compatible with their network which makes no sense to me. I asked why because what could be better than an unlocked AT&T phone on AT&T's network. She answered that's what the system said and I would need to buy one of their phones. To me it makes no sense at all and sounds like they just wanna sell their phones. Or is there any explanation only professionals know ?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why is my AT&T branded unlocked LG Velvet supposedly not compatible with Boost Mob. network (AT&

Welcome to Android Central! I moved this from the Android Apps forum to the General Carrier Discussion forum, which is more appropriate.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Re: Why is my AT&T branded unlocked LG Velvet supposedly not compatible with Boost Mob. network (AT&

I have a LG Velvet 5G, unlocked and AT&T branded, Model # LG G900UM. I was trying to get Boost as my MVNO which operates on AT&T's network. They told me my phone is not compatible with their network which makes no sense to me. I asked why because what could be better than an unlocked AT&T phone on AT&T's network. She answered that's what the system said and I would need to buy one of their phones. To me it makes no sense at all and sounds like they just wanna sell their phones. Or is there any explanation only professionals know ?

If you're phone is carrier unlocked from AT&T, it should work on any GSM network. She was just trying to hard sell you a phone. Move up the food chain and talk to someone else. Consumer Cellular and others have also been known to try that trick :-\