Why is my host file changing?

Joseph Maisonet

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Why is my host file changing

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N900a running a rooted version of Lollipop. The other day i began experiencing problems with google-based apps, I receive messages saying "there was a problem connecting to the server" whenever id try to refresh or log in to certain apps. I found that the problem lyed inside the host file. Using the root explorer app i navigated to the Hosts file and tapped on text editor and saw 3 lines of text
the second one had a pound sign followed by an IP address and a URL
the third line had the same contents as the second with the exception of a pound sign. So i added one and boom problem fixed all my apps where workin again. I was so releived until my apps stopped working again.. i went into the host file and there was another line beneath the 2nd and 3rd with the exact same content but no pound sign.. i proceed to add the pound sign and this solves the issue but only for maybe 20 minutes until yet another line is added. i also tryed deleting everything except for the first 2 lines and this works as well but for only so long until the additional lines begin to come back agian. As you can imagine it is very frustrating having to tamper with this file every time i need to use an app so please does anyone know whats causing this and how to stop it

Thanks in advance