Why is my Nexus 6 on Verizon upload speed so abysmal?

James Changstein

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Nexus 6 on Verizon

My Nexus 6 (TX 1103) just arrived, it's now fully charged and Lollipop has been updated to 5.1 -

It is on Verizon LTE network.

However, the download speed is about 1/2 of my Moto X (2013) (down to less than 33 Mbps) and the upload is speed is abysmal..

I set the network to "LTE" as recommended on the phone.

Can someone help with settings or reasons why I am not getting the connection speed I used to get?

I did use the same SIM card that has worked flawlessly with the 2013-version Moto X..

Cheers,

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Nexus 6 on Verizon

My Nexus 6 (TX 1103) just arrived, it's now fully charged and Lollipop has been updated to 5.1 -

It is on Verizon LTE network.

However, the download speed is about 1/2 of my Moto X (2013) (down to less than 33 Mbps) and the upload is speed is abysmal..

I set the network to "LTE" as recommended on the phone.

Can someone help with settings or reasons why I am not getting the connection speed I used to get?

I did use the same SIM card that has worked flawlessly with the 2013-version Moto X..

Cheers,

I would try getting an updated SIM card to see if that is the issue.

James Changstein

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site

I'm not noticing any xlte speeds.
Down = 22
Up = 3
Not good.

Posted via the Android Central App

I have had a lot of different connections - some are spectacular, 48Mbp for download and 17 for upload.. Sometimes I'd get really lousy uploads; I'd guess it all depends on the network congestion as well as the proximity to the towers...

berdinkerdickle

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site

I have a question about your post in your other thread.
So you got your Verizon speeds to increase by just enabling a feature on the MyVerizon website?

James Changstein

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site

Have your speeds increased?
Please give us an update.
Thanks

Posted w/ Nexus6 via the AC App

Speeds are up but I think it's a combination of few things -

1 - I think my Moto X has better radios that it had better connection than my Nexus 6..
2 - when I first started the Nexus 6, it was busy updating and downloading in the background that whole phone just slowed down. Now that I have used for a few weeks now, I do get superb download speed as fast as 48Mbs in front of my house, but it would be slowed down to 8-9 in the back of the house. At some corners of the house, I'd have very slow upload speeds.. My 2013 Moto X didn't exhibit the extreme swing in the speeds...

However, Nexus is snappier with a better screen, I guess I am going to keep it.