Why is my system taking so much space?

terrylc

Nov 11, 2021
Visit site
I found this thread very interesting, but I still couldn't figure out why I was running out of storage space less than 4 months after getting my Android with 32 GB. So I dug into Android Assistant, and started exploring with File Manager. Turns out that the Telegram App has a Default Setting of storing everything that has even been looked at, and that was taking up over 14 GB. I changed that Setting to zero, deleted all of those stored files, and the problem was solved.

I did Bookmark this thread in case the amount of space used by the system does become a problem, but I can afford to be generous with the space used at least for awhile.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I found this thread very interesting, but I still couldn't figure out why I was running out of storage space less than 4 months after getting my Android with 32 GB. So I dug into Android Assistant, and started exploring with File Manager. Turns out that the Telegram App has a Default Setting of storing everything that has even been looked at, and that was taking up over 14 GB. I changed that Setting to zero, deleted all of those stored files, and the problem was solved.

I did Bookmark this thread in case the amount of space used by the system does become a problem, but I can afford to be generous with the space used at least for awhile.

Welcome to Android Central, and thanks for the tip! Yes, certain messaging and social media apps can do this kind of thing -- kik messenger is another culprit.