Why isn't my Foxfi wifi tether not loading netflix, PDA net side works fine?

A

AC Question

Foxfi wifi tether not loading netflix, PDA net side works fine

I have a verizon galaxy s3. For the past few months netflix.com has been spotty when trying to visit the webpage on my desktop while tethered via foxfi wifi tether. Usually i would shut off the app, airplane mode on/of, then start up the app and then netflix.com would load again.

Today it refused to load at all. I restarted phone numerous times. Took the battery out as well as reinstalled foxfi itself. NOTE: i can visit EVERY other website i have tried (youtube, facebook, etc.) but netflix.com will not load.

Finally i decided to try the pdanet usb tether on the foxfi app. Works fine, netflix loaded perfectly and streamed just fine. I shut it off and went back to try the wifi and no netflix.com.

Any ideas?

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Foxfi wifi tether not loading netflix, PDA net side works fine

I have a verizon galaxy s3. For the past few months netflix.com has been spotty when trying to visit the webpage on my desktop while tethered via foxfi wifi tether. Usually i would shut off the app, airplane mode on/of, then start up the app and then netflix.com would load again.

Today it refused to load at all. I restarted phone numerous times. Took the battery out as well as reinstalled foxfi itself. NOTE: i can visit EVERY other website i have tried (youtube, facebook, etc.) but netflix.com will not load.

Finally i decided to try the pdanet usb tether on the foxfi app. Works fine, netflix loaded perfectly and streamed just fine. I shut it off and went back to try the wifi and no netflix.com.

Any ideas?

I use an app called WiFi tether router and it works pretty great. I have never had an issue with it and I have had up to 5 devices connected to it at one time.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e....snclab.wifitetherrouter&hl=en&token=LBGcGUH8

https://sites.google.com/site/wifitetherrouter/home/device-configuration

GodsDontMiss

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
I am also experiencing this problem as well. I can't connect to netflix on any devices using my Note 2 and FoxFi. I've tried restarting, re-installing Fox-Fi, and clearing the data/cache for FoxFi. Let me know if you run into a solution.

Bret Bradley

May 4, 2015
Visit site
Same problem as described. The other issue I am having is the Scratch Wireless phone which makes calls over wifi, will not complete calls if the source of the wifi is Foxfi on Verizon. Somehow Verizon seems to be blocking both netflix and voice wifi calling on my Scratch phone. I am on a grandfathered unlimited data Verizon plan. Any thoughts appreciated. Thanks!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MusicChris63