Why isn't my SD card not supported?

A

AC Question

card not support sd

No matter how many SD cards I try the phone will not recognize that there is an SD card in it. This is definitely a phone issue.

1. First, the SD card that came in the phone from Sprint (Samsung 8GB MicroSD class 2), which worked fine for more than a year, became corrupt. The phone showed a message that there was no SD card. I completely turned off the phone and opened it up. The SD card was installed properly. I pulled it out and tried the card in my laptop and my printer and got a media error. The card was corrupt. Ok, just get a new card, right?
2. I bought two new SD cards - Lexar MicroSD Class 6 - one 16GB and one 8GB. Both are recognized by my laptop and printer - nothing wrong with the cards.
3. For each card I turned off the phone completely, installed a new card and turned the phone back on.
4. Then I went to the phone settings > Storage. Under SD card - nothing (see pic). The cards are not recognized. Samsung Galaxy S3 not recognizing SD Card-screenshot_2014-02-28-10-08-50.png
5. I plugged each of the new cards into my laptop and ran the chkdsk command. Both cards "Windows has checked the file system and found no problems."

How do I fix the phone? Can I fix the phone?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: card not support sd

Welcome to Android Central! Check the SD slot itself for any debris. Use a can of compressed air to blow it out. If it's clean, there may be an issue with the firmware or hardware. Is the phone system completely up to date?