Why isn't my Sony Xperia Z3 Locking?

A

AC Question

Sony Xperia Z3 Not Locking

So I'm using a Sony Xperia Z3 running Lollipop 5.1.1. I noticed yesterday that when I unlocked my phone, it bypassed the lock screen and went straight to the homescreen/previous app I was using.

I tried switching the phone off and on again, no luck! I tried changing my security settings to be just swipe (was previously set to pin), no luck!

I even updated the phone to the latest version of Lollipop (not sure what version I was on before), and still no luck.

My security settings when using pin were set to lock the phone immediately after the screen turned off. So it isn't a timeout issue.

I've looked at the Forums and can't see anyone else who has had the same problem.

I'm not overly bothered that I can't use my pin, but it's more the fact that I don't see the lock screen. So I can't just press the power button to check the time or notifications.

Any help would be appreciated! I would like to avoid doing a factory reset!

Thanks,
Harry

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central.

I had a similar problem on my LG G3. I suspected that it might be due to having downloaded another launcher, which I'd used for a while before returning to the stock launcher. Testing this in Safe Mode confirmed the suspicion....I now have that launcher Force Stopped, in which state it causes no trouble.
It may be worth trying Safe Mode in your own case....some third-party app may be responsible.
Let us know what happens.

Posted via the Android Central App

Harry_92

Aug 17, 2015
Visit site
Re: Sony Xperia Z3 Not Locking

Hi,

Thanks for your response!

I was about to boot my phone in safe mode, but before I did, I decided to deactivate the 3rd party lock screen I had temperately used so I had some form of protection (The App was Locker Master which I used to use before Lollipop bought notifications to the lock screen).

So once this app was disabled, my lockscreen started working. I've tested it using swipe, pattern and pin, and they all work! So I'm totally unsure on what happened. I haven't used Locker Master in months so don't see how it could possibly be causing problems with my phone lock screen.

Thanks anyway, I'll be sure to boot my phone in safe mode if it happens again.

Harry

Jayavishnu

Oct 2, 2017
Visit site
Re: Sony Xperia Z3 Not Locking

Hi,

Thanks for your response!

I was about to boot my phone in safe mode, but before I did, I decided to deactivate the 3rd party lock screen I had temperately used so I had some form of protection (The App was Locker Master which I used to use before Lollipop bought notifications to the lock screen).

So once this app was disabled, my lockscreen started working. I've tested it using swipe, pattern and pin, and they all work! So I'm totally unsure on what happened. I haven't used Locker Master in months so don't see how it could possibly be causing problems with my phone lock screen.

Thanks anyway, I'll be sure to boot my phone in safe mode if it happens again.

Harry

hello,
ive booted my phone into safe mode but the problem still persists,
if there is any further thing i can do to fix this .
jaya

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hulkjr77