Why no S5 menu and icons with KK.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Only lightweight launchers for me, but I wondered if someone already did a clone of the new look. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

No probs yes by the sound of things it was very complicated, but its not bad at all, has all the S5 features, kids mode, download booster, extreme battery saving ect, and its snappy and smooth, battery seems to drain a bit quicker, but perhaps the rom needs to settle.

There are S5 launchers available but I'm sure root is required.

Posted via Android Central App

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Some launchers allow changing the default launcher. Opening another launcher can work, and uninstalling the downloaded one will bring you back to the stock one.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app

The only problem with launchers is that with most of em, you lose some of the features of TW such as the S pen....or am I wrong?

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
The only problem with launchers is that with most of em, you lose some of the features of TW such as the S pen....or am I wrong?

Launchers shouldn't effect any features such as S-Pen or Air View, may effect things like google now or My Magazine.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Launchers shouldn't effect any features such as S-Pen or Air View, may effect things like google now or My Magazine.

I used launchers on every phone before my N3. I had read that most launchers kill S pen features etc. so I kind of stayed away. I think I'll start playing around again. I own Nova, Apex, and Themer to be exact!

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I used launchers on every phone before my N3. I had read that most launchers kill S pen features etc. so I kind of stayed away. I think I'll start playing around again. I own Nova, Apex, and Themer to be exact!

I have had many launchers and all have retained s-pen functionality, roms like AOSP will loose all S-Pen Functionality but that is kind of the point.

I have had, Smart Launcher, Aviate, Apex, Nova, Action, Launcher 3D, and more that i forget the names of and all have been fine.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Some launchers allow changing the default launcher. Opening another launcher can work, and uninstalling the downloaded one will bring you back to the stock one.

Actually still confused with that. I answered too quickly. But I will learn if I experiment. @JellyBeanGurl and I are safe to try most standard launchers, though, and revert easily I take it.

I see you have a new M8, so thats where you've been. Moto X before wasn't it - Not good enough for you now? :D:D:D

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Actually still confused with that. I answered too quickly. But I will learn if I experiment. @JellyBeanGurl and I are safe to try most standard launchers, though, and revert easily I take it.

I see you have a new M8, so thats where you've been. Moto X before wasn't it - Not good enough for you now? :D:D:D

You can revert back to touchwiz regardless of launcher you download by clearing the defaults under the app in application manager. You don't have to uninstall anything and no launcher can get rid of touchwiz. If you decide you definitely don't want a launcher, then uninstall it, but you can switch back and forth as many times as want between any number of launchers and touchwiz while you are testing things out.

Also, an "easy" way to get back to the stock launcher if you've set another launcher as default is to go into settings and turn on "easy mode" - which is the simplified version of touchwiz. Then just turn easy mode right back off and you have the regular stock launcher set as default again.

Last edited:

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Even I loved the S5 when I was playing with it but they will not release S5 features on the note 3 (although just a guess) as they want more sales for S5 and if they do introduce the features on Note 3, then I guess people will not buy S5.

Again I might be wrong.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
I think a lot of S4 and S5 owners wouldn't touch a Note 3 as it's too much of a jump in size and they don't think they need it.
If that was Samsung's thinking that they wouldn't sell as much S5's at a premium so no new TW for the Note 3, while I doubt that was the case, I think they were wrong.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
You can revert back to touchwiz regardless of launcher you download by clearing the defaults under the app in application manager. You don't have to uninstall anything and no launcher can get rid of touchwiz. If you decide you definitely don't want a launcher, then uninstall it, but you can switch back and forth as many times as want between any number of launchers and touchwiz while you are testing things out.

Also, an "easy" way to get back to the stock launcher if you've set another launcher as default is to go into settings and turn on "easy mode" - which is the simplified version of touchwiz. Then just turn easy mode right back off and you have the regular stock launcher set as default again.
So all launchers on the Play store can be just turned off by clearing default. I wasn't clear on that. Many thanks.

JellyBeanGurl

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
It's safe to try one. Just turn it off like an app I think and go back to Touchwiz Home.
I tried Themer Beta, which is very good. I just didn't have the patience to configure all the little things. The app is still on my phone and gets updates.
You must follow back the screenshots sticky for the Note 3.
Spencerdl and Ivan are two of the experts. It's cool to follow.
3 ladies that I remember are very good - Taisme, Blackmagicwoman and Gadgetmomma. You're artistic, you'll like it.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=3623586

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=385851

Okay, I tried that themer beta. And changed to a few themes, like you, I didn't have the patience to change everything. I think for most people on here, they gradually changed things over the weeks. Me? I want it now. Lol So I went back to my TouchWiz. It was fun checking it out though! Thank you for that! :D

Sent From My Samsung Note 3

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Sorry, I only had a few minutes left on my lunch break when I typed that. I was trying to point out several different ways to revert back to the stock launcher. jpr is right, you don't have to uninstall anything, but it is a sure way to get back to the stock launcher.

About my X, I changed to AT&T, and since the X was carrier specific, it was rendered useless. I actually did have a hard time deciding between a new X, and the M8. There are some aspects of the X that I miss.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Okay, I tried that themer beta. And changed to a few themes, like you, I didn't have the patience to change everything. I think for most people on here, they gradually changed things over the weeks. Me? I want it now. Lol So I went back to my TouchWiz. It was fun checking it out though! Thank you for that! :D

There are probably ones a lot easier to configure. I liked others' screenshots of that one. I don't use the stock email app and many widgets so it would look kinda bare.
You're right - normally it takes a while to set one up the way you like. In that Screenshots Sticky thread they can change launchers or backgrounds every 2 hours, it's a running joke now.

I want to try others again, or buy an S5 (sacrilege!). :)

JellyBeanGurl

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
There are probably ones a lot easier to configure. I liked others' screenshots of that one. I don't use the stock email app and many widgets so it would look kinda bare.
You're right - normally it takes a while to set one up the way you like. In that Screenshots Sticky thread they can change launchers or backgrounds every 2 hours, it's a running joke now.

I want to try others again, or buy an S5 (sacrilege!). :)

My screen is already bare. I don't have much going on with my phone. I'm a minimalist. :D I will check out that thread and see if it'll change my mind!

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Last edited: