Why put an app like the Talkback which is completely useless?

A

AC Question

why put an app like the talkback whici is completelyt useless. so annoying...

i activated the talk back on my nexus 5 and i was stuck for half an hour trying to figure out that my phone just hang up and it wouldnt do anything and i can even go to mysetting to change it. so p.. off

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: why put an app like the talkback whici is completelyt useless. so annoying...

It's a boon to blind and partially-sighted users, and as such, highly commendable.

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: why put an app like the talkback whici is completelyt useless. so annoying...

It's totally useless - unless you have poor vision. Meaning, in this age of people living longer all the time, a growing part of the phone-using population. (Before my cataract surgery, I could barely read the screen on my Note 3, and carrying a 12" tablet in my pocket isn't practical [and I still had problems with a 17" monitor"]. I have 20/20 vision now, and I don't have talkback enabled because I can see a single pixel easily, but so what? Having it there doesn't hurt anything.)

It's there, it takes almost no user space, and you don't have to enable it. Why put swipe gestures on a keyboard? I never use them. Why put car connectivity on a phone? My car doesn't have Bluetooth?

It's because phones aren't custom-built. Unless it makes it more difficult for other users, things are built in that you can turn on or use if you want, but you don't have to.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenbelte17